Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Element 2007 EX MT
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Photos work now. What prep is involved with the Sylvania product? That one does look good!
Sanding with 400,1000, 2000 and finally a thin paste of rubbing compound. The last step is a liquid coating with UV blocker. That takes about 30 seconds per headlight. Takes about 2 hours total. The kit is around 22 bucks. Lasts 2-3 years. They have a lifetime warranty which I've never registered for. I think I will this time. Might be able to get a free kit next time.

·
Registered
Honda Element 2007 EX MT
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sanding with 400,1000, 2000 and finally a thin paste of rubbing compound. The last step is a liquid coating with UV blocker. Takes about 2 hours total. The kit is around 22 bucks. Lasts 2-3 years. They have a lifetime warranty which I've never registered for. I think I will this time. Might be able to get a free kit next time.
Here's a pic after sanding with the 400 grit (first step).
Car Vehicle Grille Plant Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2008 LX FWD AT
2,506 Posts
The Megiuar's kit includes a 2000 sanding pad, a polishing pad and compound, and a spray coating. I guess I've had to redo them after about a year. The before and after of my son's Atomic Blue E look just like yours.

·
Registered
08 EX Atomic Blue
16 Posts
I just did mine yesterday with the meguiars drill kit. Extremely pleased with the results. Here’s the before and after pics (a little out of order but you should get the gist):
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Grille Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Plant Car Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts