Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From all the threads I have read this mod has not been achived as of yet.
Would I be correct in my findings?

Let me know.If it has not then I will have something whipped out in the next month or so.
If it has then I can get this finished up much faster.

Thanks in advance.
Sean:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm interested in hearing about this too. Frost mirrors in the morning are a bit annoying. If I have the seats folded up then it's double as annoying since that doubles my blindspots.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking at just doing the mod to the stock mirrors.
They will be run with the rear defrost switch.
Lots of Ideas at the moment just need ot hash out was is the bets parts to use for this.

I will post updates as I go.

Sean

·
Registered
19 Posts
heat

Ah heated mirrors.
this would be very nice.

Yah show some pictures of how you wire it all up.
please.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Look above at my post & link.
Motorcycle grip heaters used. Cheap & easy.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I'm going to the local snowmobile/ATV store to go pick up some heaters today and I'll be doing this after I swap my snow tires on.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Just got back from the local ATV/motorcycle/snowmobile shop and grabbed a set of moose hand warmers. I'm going to try to pry the glass off my mirrors without breaking it.

$39+tax

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Craaaaaap!!! Whatever you do, when you get the glass off the base thing that holds it in and you get the majority of the black sticky crap off....

DO NOT use any kind of abrasive to clean the residue off. All the scratches will show through on the other side.

Gotta go order new glass now. Grrrrr.:x

·
Registered
118 Posts
Any updates on the heated mirror issue? This is pretty close to the top of my wish list. I hate having to scrape the mirrors every morning.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Can you give us the dimensions of those heating pads?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
haven't got around to doing this. new glass for the mirrors came in, but I had to move out. currently in training to get ready for afghanistan. project is officially on hold.

as for the dimensions....they're probably about a 5"x4" pad. any heat they put into that patch of glass will spread to the rest of the mirror pretty quick and melt any ice away.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
Snowmobile heaters, what a great idea!! I was trying to tear apart an old heated mirror to try and figure out where to go from there, but, this solves that dilemma. And we have, oh, one or two snowmobile shops here in AK!! :shock::lol::lol:

This gives me new incentive to get this done. I was thinking the same as to wiring it into the rear window defogger, as it has its own fuse, relay, and timer.

If no one beats me to it, I will post a complete pictorial how to so everyone else can avoid my mistakes.... :roll::razz::razz:8)

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Bumping this thread again so I remember to update with my progress. Found the heater pads the other day in a box (yeah, I never got around to doing this mod) and ordered new mirror glass (because if something happens during the install, I don't want to be stuck driving with no mirror). New mirror glass can be had on amazon for about $8 for the driver's side and $9 for the passenger one.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Ironically, since it's now winter when I could use them most, I'll have to wait till next Summer to order mine - assuming I'm still employed. The cuts in govt workers have finally rolled around to my area as well and I'm looking at a strong prospect of being unemployed by then.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts