Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a retired Auto Instructor and now do Restorations only. I have many vehicles, mostly vintage trucks and Mustangs etc :) I just picked up an Element to have fun with. The pictures posted of it didn't even include a shot of the seat. I have hardly seen an Element without a ripped up driers seat. So I just assumed this one would need some work. To my surprise :) I'm used to American clutches, trucks and muscle cars etc I have an Accord and I call the clutch a baby clutch it is so easy. This Element I just picked up is MUCH harder to disengage than my Accord baby clutch . . . normal with an Element?

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD
39 Posts
I'm wondering if that seat upholstery has been replaced before. My Element has A LOT of miles (just picked it up as well), but the entire interior looks pristine. Except the drivers side seat bolster.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I think there may be a flaw in that seat design. This last time I had the upholstery shop bolster the seat by adding padding to supplement the tired foam underneath. This way it does not crease and crack so easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts