Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Element EX Automatic 4WD
53 Posts
Thank you for the advice. My Element is in the shop now. Insurance is covering all except the deductible, like you said. Keeping my fingers crossed they will cover OEM. I found the YouTube of Eric the Car Guy installing the Cat Security device and I’m ordering one. They will install it for me at the shop. The theft is running rampant in the area and I really hope the deterrent works!
I am glad you seem to be getting some help form insurance/mechanic. My trusted mechanic declined to install the Cat Security for I believe liability reasons. They are a Honda/Acura only dealership composed of former Honda mechanics and don't install anything but OEM parts and no muffler work. I think they are missing a good opportunity to offer these to their customers and add another profit center, but they have a 5 star rep and stay super busy. Going to a trusted muffler shop to ask next. I am in no means an expert on anything connected to Elements but having bought mine new in 2005 I have a lot of real world experience with it. This forum is great. May you have a long and safe journey in your E.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I am glad you seem to be getting some help form insurance/mechanic. My trusted mechanic declined to install the Cat Security for I believe liability reasons. They are a Honda/Acura only dealership composed of former Honda mechanics and don't install anything but OEM parts and no muffler work. I think they are missing a good opportunity to offer these to their customers and add another profit center, but they have a 5 star rep and stay super busy. Going to a trusted muffler shop to ask next. I am in no means an expert on anything connected to Elements but having bought mine new in 2005 I have a lot of real world experience with it. This forum is great. May you have a long and safe journey in your E.
Thanks so much for your well wishes. I can't wait to get it back; I love my Element! It's such a good car and fun to drive. I am the 2nd owner and it was well maintained by the previous. I am hoping to have many future adventures in it. The shop seemed willing to do the install, but if not, there are a few places in the Denver area that carry them and will probably install them. Phew. I hope this never happens again.

·
Registered
2005 Element EX Automatic 4WD
53 Posts
Thanks so much for your well wishes. I can't wait to get it back; I love my Element! It's such a good car and fun to drive. I am the 2nd owner and it was well maintained by the previous. I am hoping to have many future adventures in it. The shop seemed willing to do the install, but if not, there are a few places in the Denver area that carry them and will probably install them. Phew. I hope this never happens again.
Here is the list of places in Denver that Cat security recommends, although any competent shop should be able to do it.

Cat Security install

41 - 45 of 45 Posts