Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 EX MT Galapagos green, 2010 LX Omni blue pearl
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, in the last 6 months my household has gone from 0 Elements to 2 Elements. I’ve driven some over the years but never had a true appreciation for them until I picked up my friend‘s ‘05 MT as a quick replacement for my ‘96 odyssey which was rusting out from under me. I was reluctant at first, but what a great package the E is! My wife loved using it for her work (we both haul stuff frequently), and the kids think it’s a hoot, so we began the loooong search for a not-ridiculously-priced ‘10/‘11 model for her and eventually found a ’10 in Omni blue pearl .
I find myself on EOC for info practically daily, so here I am. I guess I drank the Element kool-aid, and I’m ok with that. Hello! - Greg

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
987 Posts
Welcome! We're a three Element family, mine, my son, and one of my daughters (in Iowa). If you got them in Illinois, I hoped you checked the underside for similar rust problems you mention for your Ody.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcomes! Neither of these E’s is “rusty”, although here in the Chicago area, that’s a subjective matter. All of the problem suspension or frame parts are solid. The 05 came from a kinder climate to a friend of mine here 5 years ago thankfully. A poor quality fastening job on some roof rails did leave some rust on the roof though, which I’ve dealt with and contributed to the very reasonable cost. I’m really shocked a the tremendous rust I’ve seen on the forum. No matter the quality control , I think some bad pieces sneak through.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s Galapagos green metallic kool-aid:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts