Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the bug...have liked the Element from day one. Unfortunately, I bought an 09 Tacoma X-Runner a few months ago. So I know im gonna take a huge hit when I trade it in...but i'm willing.

I love the styling, the space and of course, the Honda name and everything that comes with it. I've previously had 3 civics, 2 integras and an S2000.

Im looking at a Green 06 AWD EX-P with 48k...asking price is 13,900. Just wondering how good of a deal that is?

Also, before I make any purchase, what is the best year? I understand that is a rather vague question... I'm looking for an older one due to the cheaper prices.

Thanks!
Justin

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Welcome Justin

Lets start with " what is the best year ". If you browse through the forum, you will find that it does not matter. There have been few changes from 03 to 06. The 07 added some HP, and changed some other minor things. The dependability appears to have remained intact. So it's your choice on that issue.

As for your question " Green 06 AWD EX-P with 48k...asking price is 13,900. Just wondering how good of a deal that is? " Excellent price !!!!

The Element has proven itself to be a dependable unit. This owners forum is a testament to that. If you log into other brand forums, like I have, you will see that other brands are sporting much larger issues than the Element has.

I think you will find that it is far less expensive to own than the others in it's class. That's not to say it has no troubles at all associated with it. It does, as do all mechanical things. It just seems to have much fewer. Also the issues it has are relatively inexpensive to fix. There are none that appear to be wide spread across the model, or are specific to a given year. With the exception of the windshield, in the 03 model year. That has been addressed and corrected for the most part.

Good luck in your Quest!

Keep us posted

Dom

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
I'll pretty much echo what Dom said. If forced to pick a year, I'd say 07 or 08 just for the extra hp and safety features. And the price you got quoted is indeed excellent, just have it looked over by a good mechanic first (as with any used car) to guard against surprises.

Welcome to the asylum, drink the Kool-Aid in deep gulps and you'll soon forget you ever owned anything but a rolling toaster :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
At least you started with the right color (colour). If you tell us what part of the country you are in, someone may know a good mechanic in your area who can check out your Element.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies everyone. :)

As far as the E... it is at Infiniti of Charlotte. Im in charleston, WV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts