Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi because I am very excited to become a part of this club :) been loving Elements for years, but only recently was pushed (albeit a little prematurely due to sudden theft of my beloved Del Sol) into finally making the leap into ownership. I'll not ramble on, its all in my profile :) just thought I would say hi in this particular forum because the first thing I need to do is change all of the blue accents from my Elements interior to black.

I will be homepaging this site at work tomorrow, and will do plenty of reading to find my own answers - but anyone who wants to offer advise for cost effective methods/services/dealers/websites to accomplish this endeavor, please do divulge details! I am in the bay area of Cali since my move here in 2008 from central Florida, where I grew up. I'll be replacing my Del Sol eventually so I can have the little Honda family I dreamed of...but for now I have Raider tailgating to beef my Element up for!

Anyone got any great ideas for mounting a 42 inch lcd HDTV on a telescoping arm? :D that's the primary "big" goal I'd like to achieve by September. Thanks all, looking forward to many a chat!

MadBomber

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Welcome to the club. You have come to the proper place for information. This site is the most comprehensive data base about the Element available on the web.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Dom

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
From one East Bay'er to another...

Let's see it MB...!

LBD

·
Registered
874 Posts
great idea on the flat screen. the best way to do this and the best place to put it is in the rear bedroom at my house.hear in florida where I will take good care of it and keep it well oiled.8)

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
"WELCOME DARYLE LAMONICA!!!" A Raider Fan, and an ELEMENT driver, what a great country we live in!!! You have made the best choice on the planet buying an Element, you will never regret it. Watch out for LunchBoxDriver he's been put into the Witness Protection Program ever since he became an honorary member of "The Usual Suspects!" You will definitely have to make it down for one of our SoCal Meets, we always try to do it right down here! I'll look for you the next time I come up for a Raider game!

Chief

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darth!! Great to see another familiar name here :D

"WELCOME DARYLE LAMONICA!!!" A Raider Fan, and an ELEMENT driver, what a great country we live in!!! You have made the best choice on the planet buying an Element, you will never regret it. Watch out for LunchBoxDriver he's been put into the Witness Protection Program ever since he became an honorary member of "The Usual Suspects!" You will definitely have to make it down for one of our SoCal Meets, we always try to do it right down here! I'll look for you the next time I come up for a Raider game!

Chief
Definitely message me when you come up here! And I have upcoming SoCal road trips so I will definitely look you up beforehand!

MadBomber

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And in regards to pics and the flat screen :)

I'll take more pics besides my little avatar this weekend (its as stock as stock can be really - I was going to be pickier about which color I picked off the bat but the black one I wanted sold a day before I got there...so I "settled" for silver that will become black after some other key additions are made :grin:

Insert perfect segue to my flatscreen idea! A 42" hdtv might not usually be a primary need, but I intend to have this thing rocking for the tailgates, and I walked around Home Depot as if I had any money until Friday, measured out everything in the parking lot and put together the design for this thing. Probably going to build the base this weekend and then lowball some craigslisters for the perfect mount (already found one with free shipping that I will use as my lowballing jumpoff point haha)

Then in a few weeks I will grab a flatscreen (I have a few Visio and Sanyo candidates but am not done shopping around - price will be a factor as this is a 42 inch MOBILE tv so I must be prepared to be less angry if I break it at some point. Anyway, I am far too poor to be thinking so many weeks ahead ;) I promise to chronicle my random ideas with pictures though!

I am still looking for someone who can custom paint my blue interior pieces and hopefully dye the blue fabric parts black...I'll live though.

MadBomber

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

Chief
LOL!!! - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - Thanks buddy...!!!

I'll take more pics besides my little avatar this weekend (its as stock as stock can be really - I was going to be pickier about which color I picked off the bat but the black one I wanted sold a day before I got there...so I "settled" for silver that will become black after some other key additions are made :grin:

Insert perfect segue to my flatscreen idea! A 42" hdtv might not usually be a primary need, but I intend to have this thing rocking for the tailgates, and I walked around Home Depot as if I had any money until Friday, measured out everything in the parking lot and put together the design for this thing. Probably going to build the base this weekend and then lowball some craigslisters for the perfect mount (already found one with free shipping that I will use as my lowballing jumpoff point haha)

Then in a few weeks I will grab a flatscreen (I have a few Visio and Sanyo candidates but am not done shopping around - price will be a factor as this is a 42 inch MOBILE tv so I must be prepared to be less angry if I break it at some point. Anyway, I am far too poor to be thinking so many weeks ahead ;) I promise to chronicle my random ideas with pictures though!

I am still looking for someone who can custom paint my blue interior pieces and hopefully dye the blue fabric parts black...I'll live though.

MadBomber
Isn't SILVER and black where it's at...?

LBD

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha yes indeed it is :)

LOL!!! - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - Thanks buddy...!!!

Isn't SILVER and black where it's at...?

LBD
Haha don't get me wrong - I am cool with the colors as they are currently (although I am cheating off of other suggestions and testimonies and "forever blacking" the trim panels next weekend - Amazon has already been enlisted to make the stuff arrive) and maybe I'll end up leaving it silver and black once I have accented more things black. But probably not - I just always liked the idea of a solid jet black Element exterior...it'll come down to money and what other fun can be added to it instead of just changing the color :D

My beloved car had the words ILLEGAL TINT written across the front, just to get the awkward conversations with the police out of the way regarding the illegality of my tint :D so I might need to put STILL ILLEGAL across the Element eventually...probably in silver :) once the tint is black of course...

Don't ask what I was doing in this picture in the car lol I was at a Raider tailgate so I must have been...blowing my nose ;) picture is too blurry as is my memory :D

MadBomber

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

Don't ask what I was doing in this picture in the car lol I was at a Raider tailgate so I must have been blowing my nose ;) picture is too blurry as is my memory :D

MadBomber

- - :lol: - - - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - - - :lol: - -

I laughed so hard Pepsi shot out of my nose...!!! ROFL!!! What that Pepsi was mixed with is strictly on a "need-to-know"... LMELBO!!!

LBD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts