Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just totaled my '05 Element. It broke my heart, but if I was in a compact car I would be dead. I am unemployed, FT student (and old) and can't afford it, but just got myself into a 6 year loan for a 2010 Tango Red Pearl LX AT because I can't imagine life without my E. Now I have to find a job, not easy at my age, gender (yep, I'm a girl) and location (Riverside County/Palm Springs).

My friend and I just "broke it in" with a camping trip to Julian, CA last week. She has a 2005 AWD and feels the same as I do. Now both of us are studying the EOC forum for ways to make camping easier. We both have dogs.

I am a retired holistic MD, now in school as a music major (voice and piano) and raise shiba inu dogs. I am also addicted to shibas.

I am told that Honda cars can go forever, and since they DC'd the Element (come on, what's up with that?) mine will have to.

This forum is the BEST thing on the web. Thank you all.
Rainbow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
things I don't like about my new car

I am disappointed at a few things in the '10. I would have preferred the EX but finding a used Element is not so easy these days, and this one only had 21,000 miles on it. But there is no cabin light anymore in the front (that really bugs me, now I have to carry around a flashlight) or the little overhead storage I had in my '05 LX. and my old E had the rear 12V outlet.

But the worst thing is the little storage panel in between the seats. Now it extends several inches into the back seat area. It makes it very difficult to put a cooler or anything right behind the front seats. And it now has a bulge if you want to put a mattress, sleeping bag, etc that fills up the back cabin. (with the seats out or up)

I would love to just get rid of the thing. It's not much good for storing things anyway. The parking brake is in the middle of it, though, so not sure if I could just remove it. Can I just cut the back off?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would not recommend cutting the storage console yourself if you value your car. I have a 2010 LX myself. you can put extra towels on top of it for padding when you sleep or blankets. There should still be room for a cooler behind the front seat. If it really bothers you that much, you can take it to a auto shop that specializes in custom fabrication. Personally, I would just leave it alone. not worth the hassle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts