Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I just bought a 2006 honda element (base model I know :( ) yesterday!

I finally retired my 1988 civic wagon which had over 456,000 km on it.. Decided it was time to get a more reliable and fun car.. It's perfect for my 2 border collies and now I can travel with no worries about my car dieing or susting through! haha.

I've loved honda and am very excited about it.. Besides purcahsing it used with the SRS indicator light still on, everything seems good. Washed and waxed it today, looks great :)

HELLO EVERYONE!! Glad the forum is here so I can make informed decisions of purchases for my element.

·
Registered
180 Posts
welcome!

hi shai,

welcome! does not matter if you got a base model, as long as it's an E, nothing else matters!!!
mind you, you need to post pics or else, (shivers), as you've seen from other introductory posts, zombies will get you!!
enjoy the ride!:grin:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Howdy Shai!

Welcome!

And hello from Ottawa. It's a little town east of you....probably never heard of it. That's okay though.

So, got an E ! I got mine March 5th. Replaced my ol Nissan Axxess van. Rust killed it. Very happy with my E. A ton of good info here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey!

Hey fellow B.C'er! Enjoy the ride! The guys in here are a great help for DIY mods or whatever. Welcome!:)

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I'll add my welcome to the rest.

Enjoy the ride. After nearly 6 years, I wouldn't be without my Element!

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Welcome!!

The E is awesome in whatever configuration you got it in!!!

Here is the first of many:

Make sure you get that SRS light checked out. It may be something simple
or something very serious. If you have your radio code handy, disconnect the
battery for 5 minutes, then hook it back up. If the SRS light came on because
something was disconnected while the battery was hooked up that wasnt
supposed to be, it will reset it. If it comes back on, it may be something more
serious that wont let your airbags deploy.

Plenty of help here for ya!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knooooww, photos, photos, photos! I washed and waxed and tire shined my vehicle last night and didn't have time to take pictures.. I'll see if the ad is still up and take his pictures.. Looks better now that I've taken care of it though ;)

As for Ottawa, NO definately never heard of such a tiny, tiny town as Ottawa, you must be from NB! :p

I'll disconnect the battery and we'll see what happens. Took it to the dealer yesterday morning and they wanted $65 for diagnostics test to SEE if it was covered under warrarnty or not. I said no way. I'llt ake care of it myself first and THEN maybe come back...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts