Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was looking for somewhere safe to park in Philadelphia. Me and a couple of friends are renting an RV there and I need to leave my E there.:sad:

I'm pretty scared, but it's Bonnaroo Or Bust! Heading down to TN for the festivities.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait for some cheesesteaks from Gino's!

Thanks!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Are you parking in the city or one of the 'burbs? One of the best places for safe multi-day parking is the airport long term parking. It's not free but safer than parking in the city and conveniently located, right on 95.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Picking up the RV in Harleysville. We're heading back up to I-78 after pick-up. Maybe somewhere in Allentown would be better?

PS - Sorry, I meant Geno's.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Harleysville, hell, you'll be around the corner from me :D Allentown has an airport too and the parking there is WAYYYYYYY cheaper than Philly. Still your best bet though if you want to park without fear of being towed. I'd offer to let you park it at my place but I have limited driveway space.

Have you asked the RV place if you can park your E on their lot? I have to imagine that's a common question for folks renting RV's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Towed?! Are you telling me we can't park anywhere for an extended time without being towed?

The RV place said they have no where for us to park. This is a problem...:mad:

How much do you think for me to park in Allentown Airport for Wed-Sun?

Thanks for the thought though (parking at your place if you had the space).

I think I'll try to get an earlier start tomorrow to try to figure this out. What's a bigger problem is I'm meeting my friends there so we actually have 2 cars to park. I'm reconsidering the initial plan to meet there. I really wanted to stop for cheese steaks in Philly. I'm coming from Long Island and my friends live in East Stroudsburg so if I pick them up and overload the $#&! out of my E we... might still have to make a cheese steak detour.:D

Anyway, thanks for your help. It's greatly appreciated!

Chris

·
Registered
599 Posts
I checked around and there's a lot next to the Philly airport that charges $8.25/day. It's right on 95 so you could get the RV, swing by Geno's (and Pat's while you're at it) for a steak then drop off the cars on your way out of town. Check out http://www.centralairpark.com/

And remember, a real Philly steak has onions and Whiz. Anything else is for the tourists!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts