Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I admit - I only recently found out how awesome the Element is. I've always been a truck guy (for hauling boats) but a new neighbor moved into a house down the street from me and had this car outfitted with a serious roof rack to hold kayaks and fishing poles and probably anything else you could want. We are a fishing family, so of course I walked down to welcome them to the neighborhood and asked about the car he was driving. I believe his car was an '05 but he let me go through it and showed me really how versatile these things are and I fell in love.

Fast forward, I've been searching for a clean example locally and it is pretty difficult. There is either rust, or accident history, or sketchy sellers, etc. I look casually nearly every day, but I would rather find a well-maintained example that comes from a trusted source. If you find one, please let me know - or if you want to sell yours - please also let me know!

Based on my research, I'd really prefer a 07-08 EX with AWD. Not too picky on color if the maintenance and history checks out.

Thanks!

Matt

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
215 Posts
Hello everyone!

I admit - I only recently found out how awesome the Element is. I've always been a truck guy (for hauling boats) but a new neighbor moved into a house down the street from me and had this car outfitted with a serious roof rack to hold kayaks and fishing poles and probably anything else you could want. We are a fishing family, so of course I walked down to welcome them to the neighborhood and asked about the car he was driving. I believe his car was an '05 but he let me go through it and showed me really how versatile these things are and I fell in love.

Fast forward, I've been searching for a clean example locally and it is pretty difficult. There is either rust, or accident history, or sketchy sellers, etc. I look casually nearly every day, but I would rather find a well-maintained example that comes from a trusted source. If you find one, please let me know - or if you want to sell yours - please also let me know!

Based on my research, I'd really prefer a 07-08 EX with AWD. Not too picky on color if the maintenance and history checks out.

Thanks!

Matt
You can set up searches in craigslist, CarGurus, KBB, Carfax, etc. usually with filters for years, mileage, driveline, etc. that can notify you when one that meets your requirements gets listed. Good ones can be tough to come by and can sell quickly. How far are you willing to travel for one? It just took me 4 months to find my second 2007 EX AWD AT with 87k. It was about 280 miles away, but I was willing to go almost twice that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can set up searches in craigslist, CarGurus, KBB, Carfax, etc. usually with filters for years, mileage, driveline, etc. that can notify you when one that meets your requirements gets listed. Good ones can be tough to come by and can sell quickly. How far are you willing to travel for one? It just took me 4 months to find my second 2007 EX AWD AT with 87k. It was about 280 miles away, but I was willing to go almost twice that.
I am definitely willing to travel for the right car. I have saved searches and usually look about once per week on weekends at the moment. Once tax season is over (come on July 15th) and as it gets closer to the end of my Tacoma lease I will be looking much more often and diligently. I just thought I may be able to find good luck leveraging the forums for someone selling their car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts