Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I figured this would be a good place to start getting to know the locals.

I've been eyeballing the Element's for awhile (always been a die-hard VW fan) and a couple days ago I traded in my 2008 VW Jetta for a 2003 Galapagos Green 4WD EX.

So far, I love it. I'm annoyed to hell with the lack of compartments though! Where are you guys putting your stuff. The overhead compartment is cool, but really high, and the lower one - super low.

I've also got the iPhone, and with the 12V suppy ten miles to the right, and the windshield 4 miles to the north - what's a girl to do?

Can't wait to start meeting the local SD crew!

-Alisha

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Welcome Alisha ! Glad you Joined us. I have never found the Element lacking for places to put my stuff. In fact, I find it to have an abundance of places to put things. As for the power outlets, well that's something else. We all need more of those these days. Several people have done modifications to add one or more of them. In locations more suited to there usage.

so dont feel like your the only one. Keep an Eye on the boards for a Mod Meet. Then just bring one with you, You will no doubt have all the help you need to put it in, in a location that is more convenient for you.

Dom

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome to the group. Nice E! Like the color:lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the group. Nice E! Like the color:lol:

Hey there. I see you are from the LA area. Are there any good beach and/or camping spots up there that you can bring a dog too? I seem to be able to find one or the other.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Welcome Alisha, what part of SD are you in? There are 5 Galapagos Greens that I see daily in my part of town. Popular color. Looks like yours was well cared for, very clean!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scripps Ranch/Mira Mesa area.

I love the car so far. Going camping this weekend. Can't wait! So are there any upcoming local meets?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
yes, Galapagos Green would have been my first choice color, but we do like the ASM.

Alisha, you're looking for beach camping that allows dogs?
maybe Silver Strand? really don't know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right on! Just went out to Potrero Regional Park this weekend. It was an experience for sure. Not a great place for hiking though. I'll be gone the first half of Septemer taking leave! figures.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey there. I see you are from the LA area. Are there any good beach and/or camping spots up there that you can bring a dog too? I seem to be able to find one or the other.
In the Southbay Beach areas, you can walk them on the "Strand" but they are not allowed on the beach. I have seen dogs on the beach in Santa Barbara. I think you have to go North to El Capitan State Park - Just North of Santa Barbara. Great for Car Camping, and Dogs are okay, but not on the beach :( ...Posted Signs.
Pismo Beach is a popular dog friendly spot, but we have not explored camping in the area. I think your "one or the other" is a common factor. You have a great car for checking it out!

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
You should PM (Miss Ellie & Co.), Gene and Richelle probably know every worth while camping spot from the Mexican Border to the Oregon Border, dogs... no dogs, etc.!

Chief

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
You should PM (Miss Ellie & Co.), Gene and Richelle probably know every worth while camping spot from the Mexican Border to the Oregon Border, dogs... no dogs, etc.!

Chief
Agreed... They are the "reference" section when it comes to camping and pups...! Just wanted to send some NorCal welcomes to you...! May "he" provide you with many years of service and enjoyment...! Now get to moddin' and don't forget to take pics...! LOL!!!

You have a beautiful blank canvas to work on and some may want to see more pics of the cute pup...!

Congrats...!

LBD

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi

So do you guys want to organize a meet for the Independence day weekend???I will be here from Lompoc:grin:

·
Registered
160 Posts
welcome! glad to see another 619 on the forum!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
[
quote=Darth Raider;866006]You should PM (Miss Ellie & Co.), Gene and Richelle probably know every worth while camping spot from the Mexican Border to the Oregon Border, dogs... no dogs, etc.!

Chief
If you say so Chief. :)

You can bring dogs and walk them on the beach at most of the state park campgrounds along the coast.
But trying to get a campsite during the summer months is dang near impossible as they are booked solid 6 months in advance.
Here are some coastal parks a person might have some luck finding current campsite availability in.

Jamala Beach:
in Santa Barbara County near Lompoc is postively devine as far as beach camping goes but the campground has only 98 sites.
No reservations are required to camp at Jamala - it's first come first serve.
Which means there are long waiting periods for a campsites to be vacated and -
that can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days depending on how long it takes for sites to become availble.
(once there no one wants to leave)
Jamala Beach also has a really cool "snack shack" that serves up some very good burgers.
It's also day use park so you don't have to camp there to use the beach and it's facilities.
Standard dog leash laws apply.
http://www.countyofsb.org/parks/parks06.aspx?id=9186

Pismo Beach/Oceano Dunes SVRA:
Futher north in the San Luis Obispo area.
It's strickly open beach camping and you can drive on the beach.
Primarily for off-road recreational use - it's not the greatest place for dogs due to vehicle traffic and constant noise.
Dogs have to be leashed but you wouldn't want them running loose around here anyway.
A beautiful 5 mile long beach and there's a great town for bopping around in.
Expect sand in everything but it is a fun place so long as you're not seeking solitude - there's not much of that at Pismo Beach.
Reservations are not difficult to find except for 3 day holiday week ends - they usually sell out.
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=406

Limekiln State Park: !!!!!!!!
Further north along the Big Sur coast highway.
It's one of the most awesome campgrounds in California. A hidden jem!
Limekiln is tucked away from everything in a small lovely canyon, where a creek runs into the ocean.
There's a cove with it's own little beach, Redwood trees, and waterfall.
It literally sits under a bridge on Highway 1 with direct ocean access.
A small campground with only 22 campsites, you'll need reservations to camp here..
Some dog leash restrictions but still worth it.
http://www.slostateparks.com/limekiln/default.asp

Latest news from Limekiln. it reopens on July 2 and reservations are not required - it's now on a first come first serve system.

... I'll post some more beach camping dog recommended places later but they are all further north

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome! Thanks for the info! I can't wait to check out these places!

What's up with the weather lately?!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey SoCal Sistah...!!!

Question: In Mira Mesa, is Alberto's (I hear changed to Alejandro's) still around...? It's across the street from Souplantation and in/by the Mira Mesa Shopping Center...? It's a double-sided, double drive-thru burrito shack that "was always grubbin' after a night of clubbin'...!!!"

I remember back in the day they had the BEST chicken burritos... Only 2 ingredients... Chicken and sauce... THAT's IT...!!! Awesome...!

Just wondered since you were in that area...!

LBD

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hahah I just went by there today too. Shoot.. I'll have to look! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts