Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so just got my element yesterday and joined up today. ive got a couple of questions. 1. i know my element is an 05 ex AT AWD but thats about as far as it goes, the guy i bought it from didnt know much more either... how do i know more about what ive bought? 2. i mt bike a lot and was curious if i should go hitch mount or roof top? 3. cheap performance upgrades, are there any out there? 4. lift or lower? i know its a preference thing but how much better handling would lower give compared to the lower gas milage in lifting? 5. im sure its been asked and i just cant find it in the other threads but im not a big fan of the plastic panels, how hard is it to switch everything over to matching painted panels, can these be sanded smooth and painted like a bumper? i know its a lot of randomness in my questions but im new to scene... thanks in advance

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome , As far as what can and cant be done with you'r element is all up to you. The possebilities are endless. You can (If no one is in the back seat's)
put you'r MT bike or almost any other bike in the back. You just take the seat's out of the back , figure how you want to put your bike in (thair are tie down's all over the back and cargo area, ware the seat's atach to the floor and so on ) and thats it .Good luck and hafe fun with it..

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome. There is a lot of info here on mods. I am constantly adding them to my wish list and modding my E. Just enjoy poking around in here and spend some time searching. Its all there:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you're never going to take it off a paved road by all means lower it if that's what you think looks good. But you mentioned mountain bikes- if you're going to be using your E to transport you and your bike(s) to a trailhead you might not want to lower it! Around here, anyway, getting to good trails can involve a good bit of driving on semi-improved roads-gravel, rock and ruts. The Element does not have a huge amount of ground clearance as is, and you might not want to compromise what you do have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not trying to be a jerk but the only thing ive been able to use so far was the decoder... i understand theres a lot that can be done just like any other vehicle... i just thought i could post all my questions at this point in one post and get some idea going... i may need to split these questions up and put them into specific sections...

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
All of the information you seek is contained on this board. Using the search engine is the best way to find what your looking for. Several people on here can give you the information in a new thread. It is far better for you to find some of the older threads and obtain the experience from older members that are no longer with us. Fendrey is one that pops to mind. He did an outstanding job with the panels. You will get the benefit of the varied opinions, that will help you to form a viable plan of your own.

Spend some time reading through the threads. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. The insight to what the possibilities are, and are not will become clear to you.

Welcome to the club.

If you find you need help with a specific item, please ask.

Dom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts