Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be getting an Element but I can't make up my mind about the colour!

Crystal Black Pearl
I've always wanted a black car and I love the look of an all-black Element! But after talking to some people and reading some forums, I learned that black is a huge pain to maintain and imperfections are really obvious. Being the OCD type and considering that the car will be parked outside (the thought of golfball-size hail pains me, but anyway...), I'm not sure that this is the best idea.

Alabaster Silver Metallic
Silver was originally my second choice behind black. Beautiful and safe colour. Hides swirls, scratches, and dirt.

Citrus Fire Metallic
What a colour! I've always been a black/white/silver car guy, but CFM has been growing on me big time. It's sort of the wildcard of the trio. I'm not sure how hard it is to maintain (swirls, scratches, dirt, etc.). I'm also a bit worried that it's a trendy colour and I'll end up wishing I got a more "timeless" colour like ASM.

Please help!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I love black and it's gorgeous when clean. It's classic and I think does well at resale as many people like black. I've had cars of many colors and realistically, they all get dirty and scratched. "Safe" colors can get boring after while to some people and again, they get dirty and scratched too. It looks like you're pretty excited about the orange - why not get that? I happen to think orange is awsome. It's my second favorite color - I think. I don't envy you - if I had to pick out another Element I'd have a hard time deciding too! Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Polished Metal Mettalic.....FTW!!!

However since that really wasn't one of your choices, I guess you could hit the orange. BAH...stay away from black!!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
gonna have to support the black!

When i brought my E to my parents house for the first time my dads first words were. "The GG(Green) you were looking at looked good, but man that black is classy and it makes the E look more rough."

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Orange, I will confirm everything on your list about the Black problems, and since Orange was always my second choice ( not counting Khaki or Red).

·
Registered
689 Posts
Go with Citrus Fire Metallic... I love that color; I was also a 'black or silver' guy for vehicles, but I loved the SOP and ended up buying one myself.

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
Duhhhhhh!
Orange man GET the ORANGE!!!!!8)
It is by far the sexiest color wich gets the most horsepower and gas mileage of all the other lower performing colored E's.

I concur with this message!!!!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I do see an orange EXP parked in a driveway on my way to work every morning with the sunrise shining on it and man it looks good. I've never seen a spec of dirt on it. It literally glows. If I ever see the owner outside, I'm going to compliment him/her on it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My vote goes to CFM!

·
Registered
198 Posts
dont get me wrong I love my NBP E but Orange was my first choice.

1. Orange
2. Black

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
No love for ASM? Maybe I should have made a poll...
You see no post regarding silver only because it goes without saying that SILVER is the best there is. ;-)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love Orange & it may go faster, but Silver will be on the road longer. ( 323K+ miles on my old 1997 CRV and yeah, its due to it being silver).

·
Registered
351 Posts
I love Orange & it may go faster, but Silver will be on the road longer. ( 323K+ miles on my old 1997 CRV and yeah, its due to it being silver).
That's because Honda puts additives in the silver paint for less wind resistance as well as strengthening the frame.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Depends on where you live. My SOP is moving to PHX in a month. I originally wanted silver but the only stick shift I could find was SOP. Black cars are death in the summer in PHX altho I've seen a few of them there, even got one as a rental once. Can you say open the doors and let the hot air vacate?
se

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seems like CFM is the popular choice so far! But black is... black! And that thread by wickster with the beautiful rims and painted black trim pieces has me swooning over the possibilities. I'm so confused... it seems like almost everyone I talk to says to stay away from black due to the maintenance. And while my brain agrees, my heart wants to learn the hard way. At this point, it looks like it's between black and orange, which is funny because I thought I'd end up with ASM due to it being the "safest" choice.

toasty, I believe it's the same additive that they use to make Type R badges. :razz:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Seems like CFM is the popular choice so far! But black is... black! And that thread by wickster with the beautiful rims and painted black trim pieces has me swooning over the possibilities. I'm so confused... it seems like almost everyone I talk to says to stay away from black due to the maintenance. And while my brain agrees, my heart wants to learn the hard way. At this point, it looks like it's between black and orange, which is funny because I thought I'd end up with ASM due to it being the "safest" choice.

toasty, I believe it's the same additive that they use to make Type R badges. :razz:
OK, I said I liked orange and I do it looks awsome - but I own a black one and again, I love the color. Forget about maintenance issues - it looks darn good! Every color needs to be maintained. If you're still deciding, go with black!! Need some more inspiration? look here...
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43888

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
orange

1 - 20 of 35 Posts