Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at work and found a sweet deal on a television and may go trek into the city tonite to go pick it up. I didnt even think of this until just now - will a 42" television be able to fit sliding it in and standing upright if I flip the rear seats up?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I hope there wont be a problem just sliding it in and thats it. The store is in Manhattan and I cant imagine there being a regular parking lot or any type of loading area, so I am thinking double park, load up and hurry out. I mean I know someone with a van, but then having to rely on someone ... you know the deal. Id rather just do it myself.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
We just bought a 47" LCD HDTV at Costco this weekend. Folded up one rear seat against the side, and the box slid in perfectly, with inches to spare. With only one seat up, was held nice and steady in the space, no sliding or bumping around, on the trip home. With the seat already up, took us all of 30 seconds to load it (65 lbs). Add another 30 seconds if you fold the seat up when you get there. :)

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
My 42" came home in the E! When the fellow at the store saw me pull up, He shook his head. We had the home theater package ( disk player, and 6 large speakers also ) .

He asked if we would like to have it delivered instead. I told him it would fit. He smiled In an interesting way, then laughed.

When I ever opened the back ( I had the seats up ) and he looked in, he looked amazed. After stuffing it all in, he asked if we wanted a washing machine too. After all there is enough room, He stated!! :)

Ya, It will fit IN THE BOX !!

Dom

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a 32" last year on Black Friday. I had the E for just about a month and never figured out the back seats, nor was I in the freezing cold. If I remember correctly, due to the mob outside the store and I didnt want to be mugged of one cheap television that I slept on the sidewalk for, I pullled up and it was put in and fit the width of the cargo area.

If anyone is looking for a good deal - Samsung 42" + Xbox 360 bundle = $799 at Circuit City

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?view=list&Ns=net_price|1&Ntt=sut400samxbox&keyword=sut400samxbox&N=90000141+

I tried it yesterday and sold out in all stores near me and also could not have it shipped. I tried again today and it was in 1 store but in the city. Good deal so I will schlep. If you keep trying here and there you might get lucky as I did :grin:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
If anyone is looking for a good deal - Samsung 42" + Xbox 360 bundle = $799 at Circuit City
Yes, all the stores are trying to get rid of their 720p sets, since Blu-ray is 1080p native, and more and more of the boadcast stations are going to 1080 from 720, particularly with all broadcasts going digital in Feb. :wink:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
We bought a 52" LCD from Best Buy this fall and when we got out to the E, all the personnel kinda chuckled... 'course, once I climbed in and folded up both seats, their collective jaws hit the pavement. They lifted the box up and slid it right in, with a little over a 1/2" to spare 'til it rubbed.
LOL! Nice one to prove them all wrong!

Good to know I can fit in huge TV when it's time to upgrade, haha. :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
LOL! Nice one to prove them all wrong!

Good to know I can fit in huge TV when it's time to upgrade, haha. :smile:
If the interior space of the E is your limiting factor...just remember...the ceiling height is higher than the rear opening. If need be, you could always squeeze the box through the driver or passenger openings, they might be slightly larger. :D

·
Registered
859 Posts
i helped a friend bring home a 46 in projection tv a few months ago, i keep one of my backseats out all the time and it just slid right in.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I bought a 42" vizio from costco a 1 year ago, it fit between the front and rear seats, this was in the box .... I had to slide the fronts up an inch or so to fit... you should have no problem with a rear seat up sliding in from the rear... enjoy your HDTV...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I always love the crazy looks I get! Glad you were able to make a believer out of them! :D
Were you wearing one of those fabulous jackets?:rolleyes:

It's surprising what you can cram behind the seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
What is it with you men and your giant TVs??? :rolleyes:

A 42" anything will fit in the E-- I hauled an 89" long sofa 60 miles, up and over mountains, through traffic, over the golden gate bridge.. with the tailgate down though. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
What is it with you men and your giant TVs??? :rolleyes:

A 42" anything will fit in the E-- I hauled an 89" long sofa 60 miles, up and over mountains, through traffic, over the golden gate bridge.. with the tailgate down though. :wink:
It's a male "bigger is better" thing with the TV's. :razz:

You mentioned hauling with the tail-gate down, I've done this too but I always wonder if having your license plate hidden,(pointed at the ground) in this situation is cause for alarm? Anyone ever been pulled over doing this? Originally bought the E for this feature,(tailgate).

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts