Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, there is a honda element for sale near me with 208k miles on it. How comfortable should I be purchasing one (2003) with that many miles? Are there many out there with that many miles and counting? What issues do the high mileage E's tend to have? Things I should look out for? I plan on test driving it tomorrow and having a honda mechanic look at it, but I'd like a consensus from you guys! Thanks! I would LOVE an element, but just cannot afford one...at least not one with less miles!

·
Registered
42 Posts
High Mileage Element

They are great vehicles, however, with that many miles on it, it's going to have ongoing maintenance costs. If buying one with that many miles is the only way to get into one, I would recommend looking at something else for a daily vehicle. Even if buying it fits your budget, there are going to be additional costs due to the age and miles, and when the miles get up that high, the repairs tend to be larger items. Also, when you ahve a car with that many miles, it helps to be knowlegeable about maintenance and repairs and be able to do some things yourself. If that isnt your thing, I'd keep shopping. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is it a one owner vehicle? do they have maint. records? if it is cheap enough, then you need to look at how much would an engine rebuild cost if needed,trans, or rear diff if it is awd. Honda's are known for alot of miles if taken care of. What is the price? if everything else looks good and once again it is cheap enough, and your mechanic checks it out, why not. but if its going to be your only car for the daily driver the price would have to be very good and the car really checked out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts