Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I have a 2003 Honda Element EX. I bought the car wrecked in the front and I am trying to fix it without breaking the bank.

I have all the parts to fix the car and I have it mostly put back together. However, I am having one issue. Both the throttle body sensor and wire harness and the mass airflow sensor and wire harness were smashed in the accident. I bought a completed new throttle body with sensor and I found a mass airflow sensor with the same part number on a Honda Civic in a junk yard. I also cut the wire harnesses off the honda civic so I could use them on my Element to rewire the sensors. However the wires on the Civic harnesses are different colors then they are on the Element. Can anyone tell me how both sensors should be wired?

PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
246 Posts
For starters, the '03 Element was never equipped with a Mass Airflow Sensor.

Do we assume that you are referring to the Manifold Pressure Sensor? If so, you'll need to provide a model year for the Civic donor vehicle, as an '03 Civic MAP sensor has the same wire colors and terminal locations as an '03 Element, and I am not inclined to peruse through all the various civic model years in an effort to discover which years had wire color changes.

The TPS sensor on an '03 Element is 1-GRN/BLK 2-RED/BLK 3-YEL/BLU
The TPS sensor on an '03 Civic is 1-YEL/BLU 2-RED/BLK 3-GRN/YEL (which may well be totally useless information since we don't know what year Civic was scavaged)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For starters, the '03 Element was never equipped with a Mass Airflow Sensor.

Do we assume that you are referring to the Manifold Pressure Sensor? If so, you'll need to provide a model year for the Civic donor vehicle, as an '03 Civic MAP sensor has the same wire colors and terminal locations as an '03 Element, and I am not inclined to peruse through all the various civic model years in an effort to discover which years had wire color changes.

The TPS sensor on an '03 Element is 1-GRN/BLK 2-RED/BLK 3-YEL/BLU
The TPS sensor on an '03 Civic is 1-YEL/BLU 2-RED/BLK 3-GRN/YEL (which may well be totally useless information since we don't know what year Civic was scavaged)

OK, you are right. It was a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor, with the number 079800-5410 on the sensor.

I am pretty sure it was an 04 Honda Civic 4DR.

Thank you so much for the help. I did not expect someone to know the color of the civic wires. If I know the color of the element wires and the position I think I could figure out where to wire them on the Civic harness. However if you do know the color and postion of the Civic wire, that will make it that much easier.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'04 Civic MAP should still be the same wire colors and locations as an '03 E.
1-YEL/RED
2-GRN/RED
3-GRN/WHT

The TPS wire colors for an '04 Civic are the same as what I listed for an '03 in the first post.
Thank you so much for the help. I will let you know how it works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts