Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, got gas and the guy topped of my tank; tried to stop him to no avail. One hour later the check engine light came on. Went down to Advance Auto Parts to read the code. Code = Manafacturer Control Fuel Air Metering p115 was the fault code. I am thinking that there is either fuel in the avaporator canister or the gas cap is bad (seems unlikely). Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Bill :?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Yesterday, got gas and the guy topped of my tank; tried to stop him to no avail. One hour later the check engine light came on. Went down to Advance Auto Parts to read the code. Code = Manafacturer Control Fuel Air Metering p115 was the fault code. I am thinking that there is either fuel in the avaporator canister or the gas cap is bad (seems unlikely). Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Bill :?
Not long after buying my Element used, I was filling up and topped off the tank. Shortly after I got an erratic engine idle and a CEL. I don't remember if that was the exact code I got, but I could make the irratic idle come and go with removing/reinstalling the gas cap. I let the engine run for a while and kept removing/reinstalling the gas cap. It finally smoothed out completely and then I cleared the code. I haven't 'topped' it off since and I have never had the issue again.

It's been a while, but I am pretty sure there are other threads on here discussing similar issues.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just FYI, the fuel cap is supposed to be replaced every 2yrs or 24 months. Prior to working in a shop I thought this was complete BS but now, however, I've seen and experienced why they recommend this. Any local auto store can help with new fuel caps much cheaper than OEM.

·
Registered
246 Posts
p115 was the fault code.
If the OP would list a valid (ie: complete) DTC, there might be a better resolution to the concern than what will result from the conjecture and outright guessing that is going on in this thread right now.

Were I to guess, the DTC may have been a P1157, which would be an A/F sensor circuit high voltage fault indication

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My OBD II scanner only gave me the p115 code and the previously mentioned description. How can I get additional information?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts