Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 EX and want to paint the front and back silver bumper garnishes the same color as the grey panels. I know the paint code is warm grey, NH647M. I do not have any professional painting equipment, so am looking for something in a spray can.

I have searched online and all over the forum and have come up empty handed. Anyone got any links to where I can pick some up?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
people use plastic dip for the dark fenders... not sure if they have one that matches the lighter grey panels

·
Registered
449 Posts
Go to any car part store, Autozone, Pep Boys, Oreilly, etc.
Look for Duplicolor Perfect Match.
Not sure if they have one that match the gray panels, but its worth the shot.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,920 Posts
I have an 04 EX and want to paint the front and back silver bumper garnishes the same color as the grey panels. I know the paint code is warm grey, NH647M. I do not have any professional painting equipment, so am looking for something in a spray can.

I have searched online and all over the forum and have come up empty handed. Anyone got any links to where I can pick some up?

Thanks
I have the same model, had the same question a few years ago when painting my custom roof rack's frame. There is no touch-up paint from Duplicolor in that shade.

Rustoleum Duranodic Bronze/Grey was a very close color match, but it's been discontinued. Rustoleum's 249131 - Oil Rubbed Bronze Metallic Spray Paint is a fair-to-middling match. http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=181&sid=249131 Ace and Lowes stores in my area stock it. Pop off one of your rear roof garnish screw access covers and use it for in-store comparison.

Your alternative is to buy a quart of NH647M warm grey from an automotive paint store, and use a Preval compressed air sprayer to apply it. http://www.homedepot.com/buy/preval-9-oz-preval-complete-spray-gun-317340.html.

Notes: The plastic garnishes may need special preparation for any of these to adhere properly. The smallest scratch will show through the paint. :-(.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts