Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 DX Element it came with no stereo so I purchased a aftermarket stereo with xm but I want to put a OEM Radio/CD/MP3 Player which I bought on eBay. I diconnected the after market unit and the wiring harness and the xm connection in different. Nit sure what to do from here? I know I need a different connecting harness but how does my xm wire connect to the new OEM stereo? Is there any help out there or am I going to have to those crazy high install rates at the dealership? I was hoping this was going to be a do it your selfer just need some guidance in the right direction?

·
12,179 Posts
Unless you are ready to perform major surgery and buy a few more parts what you have will make a good door stop.

You will need to have the following items to make it work.

-proper OEM wire harness
-factory amp
-subwoofer.

Botton line without out spending a ton of maney and doing a lot of rewiring this unit will not work for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have the OEM sub which I purchased on eBay? It fits in the area where there used to be a storage compartment under the stick shift but there is no connection harness like there is in the doors? So I imagine I have to run a harness from the main down to the sub?

·
12,179 Posts
Well I have the OEM sub which I purchased on eBay? It fits in the area where there used to be a storage compartment under the stick shift but there is no connection harness like there is in the doors? So I imagine I have to run a harness from the main down to the sub?
You still need the amp as well to power tha sub as well as the other speakers. Without an amp you won't get any sound from the OEM radio.

·
12,179 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh Ok, I'm just starting to really customize this Element so there is a learning curve here. I eventually want to get a touch screen navigation put in and better speaker system setup as well. Maybe I should just forget the OEM stereo route and go with after market setup? Sounds like it would be much easier and cost effective too? Thanks for your help I appreciate it :)

·
12,179 Posts
Oh Ok, I'm just starting to really customize this Element so there is a learning curve here. I eventually want to get a touch screen navigation put in and better speaker system setup as well. Maybe I should just forget the OEM stereo route and go with after market setup? Sounds like it would be much easier and cost effective too? Thanks for your help I appreciate it :)

Bingo.....Spend the money on a properly installed aftermarket setup and avoid the headaches of a half assed installed OEM radio that some say offers mediocre sound to begin with.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid $70 for the head unit and $80 for the sub :(
Lesson learned research before buying stuff.. Maybe I can resell it if not what are ya gonna do. Like I said lesson learned.

·
12,179 Posts
I paid $70 for the head unit and $80 for the sub :(
Lesson learned research before buying stuff.. Maybe I can resell it if not what are ya gonna do. Like I said lesson learned.

I will give a little push in the right direction.

There is a member looking for one of these radios in the trading post.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64307

There is always someone looking for either a radio or a sub. You may not get all your money back....But you never know unless you try.

BTW you have to have 5 posts minimum to start a thread in the trading post if you wan't to try selling them here.

Replying to the above thread will give you 5....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts