Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I'm looking for a more "off-road" looking wheel, and as most of you know those type of wheels come with a ridiculous offset(except the mb's but they are both pricey and not black, hate to have to rattle can new wheels). So i figured I d try some jeep steelers which are a step up from plain old steelers. I tried two different sets of 15" and they hit the caliber (by the hub area not the outside).....:x I really fell in love with the second set too!!!

1. Do these need a hub centric spacer and if so will that give me the caliber clearance.

2. Does anyone know what Jeep wheels actually fit?

3. If not anyone know of any other wheels that have like a 5.5 inch back space on an 8 or 7.5 wheel..I really want to come out a little bit.

·
Registered
608 Posts
try Cragar D-window wheels. I have them in 15x8, but they have 4 in backspacing. Mine come out 2-3 inches from the body... And the plus is that they are about $50 each. These are NOT hub-centric, they are lug-centric ( which means the lugs center the wheel to the hub, instead of a ring )

Have you tried a 17" jeep wheel?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jeep wheels come in many bolt patterns and offsets depending on the year and model in question as well as tire size.
Once that is settled, there are choices in wheel diameter and in width.
Lug size comes into play as well.

Below is a primer on what to expect; it is a start, but I don’t know if it is all inclusive.
Lug nuts:
All 6-lug full size Jeeps = 7/16-RH
All 5-lug Jeeps = 1/2-RH

Bolt Patterns:
5 on 4.5in (5 X 114.3mm):
Wrangler TJ/LJ
Cherokee XJ
Commanche MJ
Wrangler YJ
Grand Cherokee ZJ
Liberty KJ

5 on 5.5in (5 X 139.7mm):
Jeep CJ

5 on 5in (5 x 127.0):
Wrangler JK & Unlimited
Grand Cherokee WJ & WK
Commander XK

6 on 5.5in (6 X 139.7mm):
Full size Cherokee & Grand Wagon

Here is a source for wheels to fit a Jeep:
http://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_wheels/

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like some of the newer 18-19'' jeep wheels but a lot of the new ones are 5x5'' lugs which wont work with our 5x4.5 lugs.

has anyone tried Dodge Caliber 18x7" wheels?
they are 5x4.5 lugs and a 42 offset

I dont know what the hub sizes are of the element or jeep/dodge/mopar

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like a lot of the mopar wheels because they are simple, "blocky looking" OEM wheels (similar to the SC wheels) that come in 18''
The Caliber hubs are 67.1mm so rings would be needed.
The jeep compass and patriot have 5x4.5 bolts as well and probably same or similar specs as the caliber.
some magnum and charger wheels may also have the correct bolt pattern, although i don't know about offsets.
Most wheels i see on tirerack etc. look too aftermarket or have too much "bling" in some way or another.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.