Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to install some LED lights in the foot wells. I did a search and found some info. I have a 2009. After reading some posts on the subject, I think some of the wiring has changed since then.

I want to have the foot well lights go on/off with the dome light. I pulled the dome light and tested the wires to it. So, I know that the + wire is white with blue and that the - wire that runs to the dimmer is black with blue.

I have been looking under the dash, especially behind the glove box area, for these wires. I haven't found them yet. Does anyone know where I might find them or an alternative wiring method that would give the same result?

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a dimmer switch for your dome light?

LEDs don't play nice with dimmer switches.
Not a seperate dimmer switch. The factory dome light dims and then turns off on it's own, after you shut the door. I tested the LEDs on these wires and they just go out as they should.

·
Registered
156 Posts
my set-up

i just did my under dash led lights and i just made a separate switch with a blue led you can get it on ebay very cheap. it is better that way so that during the day i can switch it off to save the led life. i connected it under the dash and it shuts off when the engine shut-offs too.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey bisdak, that is similar to what I want to do. But, I want the LEDs to turn on and off with the dome lights, I really don't want to add another switch.

After some more searching I found some threads about how to wire foot well lights. Problem is that the wires described in the threads are not what I have on my 2009. So back to the drawing board I guess?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Like this?

You can get the power and ground (controlled by door switch) behind the glove box. Check the dual dome light thread

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
green/red pin o7 at the under dash fuse box is the (-) side, white/blue pin o4 at the underdash fuse box is 12volts to the domelights. plug o on the fusebox is on the side opposite the fuses, closest to the firewall. it is the middle row of plugs (there are three) and furthest to the driver side. disconnect the battery terminal and unplug the plug and it might give you enough length to get your wires attached. or you could get them in connector 651 to the right of the glovebox, light blue connector, under a 14 pin white connector. pins 1 and 6 respectivly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I have another look. The last time I looked I could not find a Green/ Red wire. That is what prompted me to ask if the 2009 wiring might be dfferent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts