Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help I just lost my sunroof bag an hour ago.Drove off with it on top of my car just 2 blocks from home . I realized it instantly but it was already snatched up. I called dealer and I am waiting return call. Anyone know what they cost?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
OMG!!!! :shock:

I suddenly think a lot of sunroof bags will be going up on EBay!

CHA-CHING!!!! $$$$$

Maybe it is just me, but I have owned my E for over 4 months and have yet to take the sunroof out.....am I the only one??

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just took mine out for the second time in 4 weeks since getting it. First time was while it was being tinted, but tonight the weather was just too nice, so we went to fly my kite, took the mominlaw and our daughter, and with the sunroof out it was great driving.

·
Registered
335 Posts
It doesn't seem to list all the parts though. Where are the rear plastic fenders and the rocker panels? Yeah, you can get the front fenders and tailgate plastic cheap, but how much for the other plastic parts?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Alien Element- Look under "PROTECTOR-SIDE SILL GARNISH," the rear fenders are ~$64 each, the "rocker" plastic is ~$19+~$26= ~$45 per side. Seems relatively cheap, plus there's no painting or prep needed, just clip it on.

Parts are categorized differently then you might expect but I have been able to find everything I was looking for, just takes a while. I don't need to replace any parts, just interesting seeing how our E is put together. :)

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:689b44f5f0="ElementalOne"]Hatch Bag Assy
84523-SCV-A01
list price 111.57
:x[/quote:689b44f5f0]

For a bag? I don't have a sunroof in mine, so what is it made out of? Leather? I think you could probably look around the 'net and find a bag that is cheaper then that. If I had a sunroof bag I would put mine on ebay and sell it for 100 bucks too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I never got my cars T top bags when I bought it (talking about a 300zx, so I did he next best thing. Went to a fabric store and got some vinyl that has the fuzzy stuff inside, and sewed it to make a bag and closed it with velcro sewn on. Looke as good as the factory and cost me about $15.00 (and thats with the purchase of one of those "as seen on Tv" hand sewing machines. Before I'd plunk down 111.00 on one, I would sew myself a new one.

But I realize some people have to have factory everything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have taken my sunroof out about 3 times - its hard to get it re-snapped - especially if you are trying to beat the rain.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts