Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been a long time since I've posted here.. used to be quite a regular.

First, I have a manual 05 element with 99k on it. I have driven it hard and it is really showing its wear and tear.

I'd like to work on making it feel and sound newer.

First, I replace the back struts because one was blown out. This helped the ride considerably. Should I do the fronts too even though there is nothing specifically wrong?

2. I have read about installing sound dampening material on here and plan to do that to some degree. But, what else can I do to tighten things up?

The doors rattle like crazy. i have tightened and moved the latches in as far as I can but they still rattle and are very noisy in the wind. What can I do here? Do I need to replace all the door seals? I will if that would tighten it up.

3. When I had the windshield replaced they messed up the black plastic molding on the sides of the windshield (placed vertically.) Both of them flew off while driving. They replaced all the clips and parts but they buzz in the wind like crazy... should i run a bead of silicone on each side of them? I'm really at a loss what to do with this one.

4. New tires and alignment soon too.

5. Is there anything else i can do to cut down on the road and wind noise and make the car feel and sound tighter and more new?

I really want to rejuvinate this car.

Thanks for the help!

B

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't comment on all of these, but I can on the #3 ... it is common when replacing the window to break the clips on the black plastic moldings on either side of the window. That said, when they are replaced, they shouldn't rattle (I have had 2 windows on 2 Es w/no problem), so I suspect that either the clips aren't properly clipped or the moldings are damaged.

Hi all,

Been a long time since I've posted here.. used to be quite a regular.

First, I have a manual 05 element with 99k on it. I have driven it hard and it is really showing its wear and tear.

I'd like to work on making it feel and sound newer.

First, I replace the back struts because one was blown out. This helped the ride considerably. Should I do the fronts too even though there is nothing specifically wrong?

2. I have read about installing sound dampening material on here and plan to do that to some degree. But, what else can I do to tighten things up?

The doors rattle like crazy. i have tightened and moved the latches in as far as I can but they still rattle and are very noisy in the wind. What can I do here? Do I need to replace all the door seals? I will if that would tighten it up.

3. When I had the windshield replaced they messed up the black plastic molding on the sides of the windshield (placed vertically.) Both of them flew off while driving. They replaced all the clips and parts but they buzz in the wind like crazy... should i run a bead of silicone on each side of them? I'm really at a loss what to do with this one.

4. New tires and alignment soon too.

5. Is there anything else i can do to cut down on the road and wind noise and make the car feel and sound tighter and more new?

I really want to rejuvinate this car.

Thanks for the help!

B

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched them go on because they had screwed up the previous install. They ordered all new plastic trim and the brackets that went with them.. they studd buzz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts