·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm torn between these three tires:

1. YOKOHAMA Geolandar A/T-S
2. GENERAL Grabber AT 2
3. BFG All-Terrain T/A KO

I'm looking for that beefier look. I have a '05 4WD EX with stock rims and I mostly do city driving however I do try to get out into the wilderness every now and then. Not as much as I want to though, due to work and school...

Anyhow, the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO's are like $75 in the Element's original stock size on tirerack.com. I think that's an excellent deal. If I don't go for the BFG's I want to go with bigger size YOKO or GENERAL but I'm worried about rubbing or something acting screwy.

Please help me decide! It would be much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Geolanders hands down. Had them on my Jeep for years, just put on the E 3 weeks ago along with KYB struts. Feels like a new car (82k), couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bfg

Go BFG for sure! Awesome tire. Been dealing with them at my shop for years, and never had a complaint. I have them on in 225/70r16. Look great!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Honda element

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go BFG for sure! Awesome tire. Been dealing with them at my shop for years, and never had a complaint. I have them on in 225/70r16. Look great!

View attachment 80987
How do you think the BFG will look stock 215/70/16?

I'm a little worried that stock will look too puny like the Wranglers. Though, the thicker tread should make up for it...

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
You'd have stand the 215's up beside the 225's and sight across the top to see any difference in them.

I haven't tried the BFG's but I also have the Yokohama's and will sing their praise forever. That's a marvelous tire for the Element on all counts.

·
1,049 Posts

Here is what BFGs in 225/75/16 look like on the E.

and before you ask NO they don't rub anywhere.

and yes suspension is 100% stock.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, now I'm torn between the YOKO's and BFG's now.

Never thought it would be so hard deciding on tires. I literally spent 3-4 hours digging up old threads last night looking for photos and reviews.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased the Geolanders and went up a size to the 225's. I had originally planned to purchase a different tire and they were not available in the 225's, so I went with the Geo's. I was riding on the original Wranglers and at 30k miles, I was having way too many issues with traction, premature tire wear and especially wet traction. I must first say, what a world of difference with the Geolanders! I was a little hesitant with going up to 225's at first, and I was worried about gas mileage. This turned out to be a non issue and I am still getting an avg of 20 miles a gallon. I drive 30+ miles to work each way at speeds of 80 mph. The wet traction on the Geo's was amazing when comparing them to the previous wranglers. I used to hydroplane continuously in the S. Florida rain, but not anymore. The 225's also look so much better on the E. I hope that this helps and good luck with your decision making. If you are still on the OEM Wranglers, you won't be anything less than shocked at the difference, no matter which tires you choose, but I recommend the Geolanders through experience.:-D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I recently purchased the Geolanders and went up a size to the 225's. I had originally planned to purchase a different tire and they were not available in the 225's, so I went with the Geo's. I was riding on the original Wranglers and at 30k miles, I was having way too many issues with traction, premature tire wear and especially wet traction. I must first say, what a world of difference with the Geolanders! I was a little hesitant with going up to 225's at first, and I was worried about gas mileage. This turned out to be a non issue and I am still getting an avg of 20 miles a gallon. I drive 30+ miles to work each way at speeds of 80 mph. The wet traction on the Geo's was amazing when comparing them to the previous wranglers. I used to hydroplane continuously in the S. Florida rain, but not anymore. The 225's also look so much better on the E. I hope that this helps and good luck with your decision making. If you are still on the OEM Wranglers, you won't be anything less than shocked at the difference, no matter which tires you choose, but I recommend the Geolanders through experience.:-D

My plans exactly. PICS PLEASE!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts