Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, sports fans! Long time lurker, first time poster. I used the forum to help decide on a pair of winterforce tires/wheelset this year and am returning to ask for some help.

I have an 05 lx mt element that is badly in need ot new tires. My rig has about 34k on it and is in really good shape. Howeverm i have the original tires on it which are almost bald and are badly in need of replacement.

My driving habbits: I live in MT and often find myself on unpaved forest roads. When i am not on primitive roads, i am driving large amounts of highway miles. I like to road trip a lot and that is where the majority of my milage has been logged.

I have a winter specific set of tires, so that is pretty much taken care of. But you never really know what the weather is going to be like out here... especially in the spring and fall.

I kinda want an aggressive tire with possibly some sidewall tread, but don't really know where to beginning looking for such a thing.

So, what tires would you recomend to me? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Take care of your shoes!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey there, sports fans! Long time lurker, first time poster. I used the forum to help decide on a pair of winterforce tires/wheelset this year and am returning to ask for some help.

I have an 05 lx mt element that is badly in need ot new tires. My rig has about 34k on it and is in really good shape. Howeverm i have the original tires on it which are almost bald and are badly in need of replacement.

My driving habbits: I live in MT and often find myself on unpaved forest roads. When i am not on primitive roads, i am driving large amounts of highway miles. I like to road trip a lot and that is where the majority of my milage has been logged.

I have a winter specific set of tires, so that is pretty much taken care of. But you never really know what the weather is going to be like out here... especially in the spring and fall.

I kinda want an aggressive tire with possibly some sidewall tread, but don't really know where to beginning looking for such a thing.

So, what tires would you recomend to me? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Take care of your shoes!
Lots of cool options out there (here are my picks):
1. General Grabber At2 (good all-around AT)
2. Goodyear DuraTrac (aggressive AT, with sidewall tread)
3. Yokohama Geolander AT-s (super everything tire, incl. highway)

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have Yokahoma Golandar H/T's and love them. Ride is good and traction is great.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have Toyo Open Country A/T tires and I love them.
They're aggressive without being too loud. Perfect for off and on road driving.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Another vote for the Geolanders. Really love what they did for handling and traction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts