Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new right here and i just bought my E¡ i check under the car and they have a little leak , and i see there and its like he was welded and start leak by one crack now my Q? is can i use any liquid sealant

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
A) That's not Oil, It's transmission fluid.

B) If you didn't know before, you do now... that E has been in a front end collision. Just my opinion though.

As far as using a sealant, that's a good question. Do you mean one you pour into the transmission. I doubt that. As far as a "stick-on" sealant, it could work all you can do is try..... good luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You need to rub your hand (carefully) around the spot where the tranny fluid is spotted to figure out where the leak is coming from. Honda trannys use high friction modifiers which don't mix well with ATF sealants. Chances are you just have a bolt that is not torqued correctly.

Look completely around your tranny, do you see yellow chalked numbers anywhere on it? Was this a used replacement (to the best of your knowledge)?

·
Registered
143 Posts
yikes

You could try slapping a little silicone on top of it to see if it stops it but I wouldn't have great confidence in that. Keep an eye on your fluid levels.

Really, it can't hurt to try. You could also try rewelding it. If it works, great, if it doesn't, well, you were going to need a new transmission anyways. I'd start saving up just in case. . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts