Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2003 EX. Every time we start it the horn beeps. Investigating here I decided to see what was really under the dash I find this strange black box just stuffed into the side panel. While handling it, the car horn beeped. Now that problem is gone. But seing how this is installed (shabby to me and lots of electrical tape) I want to remove it as I have no book, no codes and no remotes. I am concerned about it disabling the car and not being able to do anything about it. Thanks. great site!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
You might want to take it to a local car stereo/alarm shop and ask what they would charge to un-install it. They should know what and how to unhook it. Had a similar problem with my daughter's car when we bought it. Went to the local shop and they disconnected it for us - no charge.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
the biggest thing is to track down where each of the wires go and make sure the connections are solid. if they tapped in with t taps you can simply remove the male spades and take it out at each connection, if butt connected tug on the wire on both sides of the connector to make sure they are crimped in them well and them cut the non factory wire (that goes out to the alarm) and tape it up at the butt connector to make sure it doesnt short on anything. if they are soldered and taped then do the same, clip the aftermarket wire loose from the connection and tape off the wire. the only wire that may be hooked differently than one of these type connections is the stater wire under the steering column if it has starter disable. if this is the case the original starter wire was more than likely cut in half and put to the input and outut of a relay or the actual alarm brain itself. to fix this just cut the relay or alarm brain out of the circuit at the ignition harness and either solder or butt connect the starter wire back together. done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Acura Dealer must have needed the work (and one of their techs has an Element) so they took it out for $84.00, what the local Alarm guys were going to charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts