Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a cd player into my E and music no longer comes from the tweeters. Ive installed many cd players in the past so im positive all the wires were connected correctly. Is there something that I'm missing?? Thanks.

·
12,180 Posts
I installed a cd player into my E and music no longer comes from the tweeters. Ive installed many cd players in the past so im positive all the wires were connected correctly. Is there something that I'm missing?? Thanks.

If you have an LX you don't have tweeters. The grilles are on the a-pillars...but there isn't a tweeter behind them.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's also really hard to tell if a tweeter is working unless it's really far away from everything else. You sometimes have to trust you did it right. A lot of cars don't have tweeters installed in the grilles, but there will be a space for it.

·
12,180 Posts
The Honda factory tweeters are wired into the front door speakers. Just changing the HU would not affect the tweeter wiring if your vehicle had them.

Honda did offer an accessory tweeter kit for the LX but they were mounted on the door...not in the grilles on the a-pillar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info lizzurd. Well liek when the stock cd player was in, I could hear the tweeters playing. Seeing that the tweeters are wired with the front speakers and I'm sure I wired everything correctly they must be working, I must jus not be able to hear them as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Turn up the Treble on the new HU. It might be too low to come through at a decent volume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts