Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 4WD EX and the dealer's really trying to sell me on the Simoniz Teflon surface protector. I said no thanks, figured he was just trying to make a quick $650, especially since the Element has these composite panels, right? I mean, why should you need to protect the paint if they're composite? But now, after reading all these comments about the scratching of the panels, I'm wondering if I should look into it. Could it help? Can anyone enlighten me? Is this just a scam? :?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I believe that would be paint protection. I have never needed that in Canada, but I would be interested in hearing from those in the warmer climes abou the issue of faded paint.

Aren't you glad that the dealers can no longer push "carpet protection" on us with the "E"? I am almost surprised that they aren't trying to sell a protection of sorts for the floor.

Iskie

·
Registered
608 Posts
isketerol,

Don't give some of these dealers a new idea. The only reason why they haven't tried to sell the floor protection is that they did not come up with the idea. :wink:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sorry, man, in RL I am in software sales. The bad seeps out every now and then. :lol:

Iskie

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think that the teflon protector is only for the painted surfaces, not the plastic panels. I am not sure that there's anything out there that can completely protect the panels from getting scratched....unless if you coat it with the liquid bedliner stuff.

I plan on using the Meguiars Rubber and Trim protectant on the plastic panels to keep it from oxidizing and to make scratches less visible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts