Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone pleeeease link me directions on how to do the wiring harness. I bought the hidden hitch w/ the draw-tite wiring harness, # 18336. Thanx for the help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx TennesseE. Was hoping there was an easier way of doing the wiring harness install.....It looks like from the pics that I will have to take apart the whole back end :x Is there any other way?! Now I know why Honda charges so much for this install. Any idea of the time frame to do this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
[quote:df9ebc4d8f="ElementGuy"]Any idea of the time frame to do this?[/quote:df9ebc4d8f]

No clue, but I'll find out......that is unless someone else knows. I'll check it out Monday AM. Looks like a dooozy tho'. I'd leave this one alone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just completed the wiring harness install. Total time was an hour :D Skip the step on taking the bumper off...Go right to the removal of the back seat & the steps on taking off the entire plastic panel. When the panel is partially off you can see & reach the clip that the wiring harness plugs into. It is near the brake light. Plug it in & put the panel back in & you are done :!: Oh yeah, I also had my 4 year old son helping ( yeah right ) me on this mod. Good luck to all :wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
:D Thanks about the tip of not taking the bumper off. I thought do you really have to do that? What a pain. Harness sitting on my garage floor until I get my hitch and a bunch of time. Thought of making some custom "clip" tools to take clips off. They seem to be everywhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just be careful & take your time w/ the clips. They aren't as bad as they look :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.