Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a 2005 element in my price range, one owner and well maintained...but it has around 168,000 miles and has some rust on the back lower tailgate under the plastic panel where the license plate bolts on. Is this normal? I'm so hesitant to purchase it now, but I got the owner down to almost $1000 under book value, so I feel like it's a dumb to miss out on it for a bit of rust and higher miles. What would you guys suggest? Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought mine with 150k on it... that's based on price range... lower the mileage the higher the price however my friend has one with 250k miles and they seem to run forever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking into a 2004 LX 2WD

Hey yours is almost the exact same situation as mine. Looked today to buy my first element. 2004 LX with 160,000 asking 7000. It seems like a great deal I'm getting it checked out in the morning. Can't wait to join the club.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey yours is almost the exact same situation as mine. Looked today to buy my first element. 2004 LX with 160,000 asking 7000. It seems like a great deal I'm getting it checked out in the morning. Can't wait to join the club.
I know prices vary by location but just to compare we got our 2005 4WD EX manual transmission with 97,000 for only $8,900 out the door from a dealer. $7,000 seems like a lot to me especially with that many miles. But if it has been well cared for then it definitely could be worth it.
I talked to a guy selling his Element and it had 392,000 miles on it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts