Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Im gonna put on my Tein basic coilovers in a few days and have a few questions. I want to cut away some of the plastic from the fenders, so my tires has some extra space if I hit a pump in the road. If there is any1 who has done this or any1 who knows if its a bad idea, plz let me know. In the front I guess I need to remove the inner well. The thing Im afraid of, is that after cutting away the plastic with the screws in it, the lower part of the fender will not be hold tight to the body. But if the lower part of the fender is flush with some metal on the inside, I can glue with som sicaflex or something. Sry if my english is bad, but Im from Norway

I want to cut where the arrow on the picture is pointing

Front:

Rear:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I cut my rears. A lot of us have. You have to know where to cut it to do it properly. Some members have not and their fenders and quarter panels flap as they drive. You need to leave the two at the end and cut about one inch off. The rears are necessary. The fronts are not. It depends on how low you really want to go and how wide your rims and how negative you want your camber to be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I cut my rears. A lot of us have. You have to know where to cut it to do it properly. Some members have not and their fenders and quarter panels flap as they drive. You need to leave the two at the end and cut about one inch off. The rears are necessary. The fronts are not. It depends on how low you really want to go and how wide your rims and how negative you want your camber to be.

Yes was thinking about leaving the 2 lowest screws and just try to use some sicaflex on the rest where I cut it. Sicaflex is like a silicon that glues. Used on for example windows.

But when you cut the front, did you remove the inner well (dont know if its the right word, I mean the thin plastic that stops mud from going everywere inside the fender)????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts