Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had decal on the side panels of my car. I have remove it but left with alot of glue which have alot of sand and dust stuck to it now. I tried googone and its not working so hot.....

any suggestions?

DaRKCrow

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will try to get some.

DaRKCrow

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Get the spray on bug and tar remover from Autozone. It's a thick stuff that is especially for cars. The 3M stuff might damage clear coat. The bug stuff is real thick and goes on almost like a spray wax. Plus it usually leaves the area shiny like wax.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Get the spray on bug and tar remover from Autozone. It's a thick stuff that is especially for cars. The 3M stuff might damage clear coat. The bug stuff is real thick and goes on almost like a spray wax. Plus it usually leaves the area shiny like wax.
I don't know what your qualifications are, but I personally owned a detail shop in Beverly Hills for 10 years. So I'm going to guess that perhaps you know more than I do, so I humbly acquiesces!

Chief

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I had to do that on my boat for Christmas one year as the tape holding the Christmas lights on stuck to the gelcoat. I used the orange oil and it worked ok and another crazy thing that worked pretty well was avgas. Chief, I will have to try the 3M remover as I still have some spots to get rid of.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Oh please with a name like Darth Raider how can u possibly know what you're talking about??? Haha just kidding. Whoa everyone settle down. I retract my previous statement. In all honesty I was just numbly reading the posts down the list and didn't see who posted. I saw 3M and was thinking along the lines of like paint thinner and stuff. My bad, I'm an idiot.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Oh please with a name like Darth Raider how can u possibly know what you're talking about??? Haha just kidding. Whoa everyone settle down. I retract my previous statement. In all honesty I was just numbly reading the posts down the list and didn't see who posted. I saw 3M and was thinking along the lines of like paint thinner and stuff. My bad, I'm an idiot.
No offense taken, it's just that I've been detailing cars since 1965, so it's a subject I take quite seriously. I would never recommend anything that is going to harm the paint, or products that should not be in the hands of amateurs.

Chief

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
If I had take like 1-2 seconds and seen who wrote the post my post would have looked like this...

^^^^ Yeah what he said.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have been using WD40 for years. See some "uses" in an ad in Car & Driver back in the 80's. I have had good luck with it for most things.

http://www.wd40.com/uses-tips/

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Rustoleum DECAL & Emblem remover..sucks

I bought Rust oleum Decal and emblem remover from Autozone and it Didnt help at all....Dont buy it...I was so pissed that I paid 4-5 dollars for it and it really didn't help at all

After I took the emblems off, I grabbed a deep dish and pour rubbing alcohol in it and soaked the decals for about 10 minutes...the adhesives came right off.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Eric,

Good looking out man...! Thanks for the head's up... Very nice of you to share...!

LBD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts