Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’ve been reading about the springs that are available for the E. I had lowered cars before 94 accord with teins and 93 civic with nuespeed but now that I have the element I can decide as to which springs to go with. I know that everyone says Tein Basic but I don’t have that kind of money right now cuz I just bought this vehicle maybe by next year I can get them. I have them narrowed down to Tein S tech, Eibach Prokit or possibly GC Coilover Springs. I’m looking to close some of that ugly wheel gap and keep a good ride stock like if that’s possible

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Either go with the Eibach or H&R. The others aren't as high of quality IMHO. I'm running the Eibach and they rode like stock before the struts blew out at 85,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just wait until you have the money to get better struts, wheel aignment kits, ect. If your struts are old reg. spring will blow them quick, GC coilovers, youll get about a month out of your stock struts, but if you must put springs on it, teins ride like crap, sprints are horrible, so you got eibach and 1 other I cant think of. Any questions, just ask.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So bassplayer are you still on stock struts or did you get some aftermaket struts? Also how is the ride height do you have any before & after picture you could post, thanks.

·
Registered
541 Posts
i would get the basics or do the koni inserts w/ground control. thats what i would have done if i didnt have the basics.gc uses eibach spring and then you could do whatever drop you wanted to. they are a proven combo to many auto-x's.not that youd do that in the e though:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
damn bass you posted when I was typing, but yes h&r was the other one I was thinking.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i would get the basics or do the koni inserts w/ground control. thats what i would have done if i didnt have the basics.gc uses eibach spring and then you could do whatever drop you wanted to. they are a proven combo to many auto-x's.not that youd do that in the e though:rolleyes:
By the way, E's can be autocrossed, June 7, Im signed up for a NORA event that befefits cancer, since my camaro is not ready, or sold yet, cant decide to keep it or sell it, Im running the SC, it should be a challenge.

·
Registered
541 Posts
not saying the e cant be thats why i did the caption just adding the comment about the reliability of the koni/gc combo.wish i wouldve thunk it before the basics.not the basics are bad but full adjustability is great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey boxedup1 what did you pay for the koni setup? was it cheaper to go that way vs the tein? also i dont see konis available for the element

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You have to buy the Koni's for the RSX, they aren't made for the E. The fronts are inserts an the rear lower mounts have to be bored out because the E uses a 14mm bolt instead of the RSX 12mm. The cheapest is $666 shipped from clubrsx.com

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh OK i misread that...well i think i might look into the konis cause i like the fact they have the dampening setting

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah but the H&rR have only a F 1.5" R 1.4 drop and i was looking to close more of that gap...1.5 inchs doesnt seem that it woud do anything but i could be wrong. Is there anyone here on H&R or has has both H&R and Eibach?

·
Registered
38 Posts
What other option is there besides Koni's with the H and R or Eibach springs? I have an 06 LX 2wd and am looking to do the same.

Thanks
Leigh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts