Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I'm a new SC (2007) owner looking to replace its original tires. I've read through a lot of the threads here and reviews from around the web. I had pretty much decided on Michelin MXV4 Primacy but found out they're on natinal backorder in my size with no indication that any more will be produced. Same story on the HydroEdge.

Could anyone please provide some recommendations? 225/55 18 is what I'm looking for but it may be that I can go to a different size. I'm primarily concered with ride and dry/wet weather handling. I would love to find something that would last a good long time but not at the sacrifice of ride and handling.

My driving is almost 100% paved roads with most of that to and from work. Interstate travels 100-300 miles every other weekend or so.

I really appreciate the Forum and have learned a lot lurking about the last few weeks. Thanks for any guidance I may receive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK would it help if I ask it this way?

Are other owners of the SC with 18" wheels using a different size tire than the 225/55 18 that came with it?

If so what are the pros and cons? Which tires specifically are you using?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Oh and I don't know why the price is so low. There manufactured by Continental. I didn't look a gift horse in the mouth I just bought them.
I have 20k on them now. should be good for another 25k.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rick. I'm finding that the 225/55/18 is somewhat an odd size. Not a Michelin anywhere but it was suggested that I could use a 245/50/18 Primacy at $260.

No thanks.

As for the 235/55/18, I'm assuming you have an aftermarket rim. Is that the recommended size for your wheels?

Here's a few tires in the original size that are available. Maybe I can get some feedback on some of these specifically.

Goodyear Assurance Comfortred or Triple tred?

Yokohama Avid TRZ or Envigor?

Dunlop Signature?

I've read numerous reviews of several tires over the last few days and the opinions are all over the place. Some people love em and some people hate em. I suppose tires like a lot of things are personal preference. Still you would think there would be some concensus.

I want to buy them locally for the balancing so I won't be doing internet ordering. My local guys can get whatever I want (except Michelin) so I'm just trying to decide on the alternative. Despite how little I like the Goodyear tires that came on it, I'm leaning somewhat toward one of the two mentioned above.

Thanks again for your reply and I still welcome any other input.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
No I have honda's SC rim on my EX and the 235/55r18 fit perfect. And the speedo is right on the mark. I do mostly hiway miles and the general exclaim uhp is a very quiet tire.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the yoko TRZ, and about 10K on them now. So far so good, it definitely alot better then the crappy goodyear stock. (grip & noise)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts