Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To make a long story short like many others I had to have the windshield replaced on my 2008 Element. And like others my local Honda place does not do the work. so you can imaging it wasn't installed properly. it looks somewhat ok but the trim is uneven and I suspect that parts are missing. I spotted it immediately after they had finished pointed out the problems and they apologized and took it back to "fix it" they just pushed the rubber up almost off the glass and said it was fixed "we had to move the windshield up". I drive down the road a mile or so get out and look and as you can guess its back to its original spot. I took it back. This time they keep it for about 45 minutes and again it look right and was some what better but 2 miles down the road it was back to its messed up self. Long story short I'm going back next week to have a brand new windshield replaced.

I'm in desperate need of the service pages relating to the windshield on a 2008 E. I want to make sure they follow hondas guide and get all the appropriate parts.

Can some one please help me!!! I love my E and the thought of it being messed up, well makes me sad.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am going to bet you are referring to the fact the window was replaced using generic rubber weather stripping and not oem? Does it look sort of bulky compared to before along with being uneven? Your only option to get a scraper and remove the stripping yourself, then replace with stock part available from the manufacturer.

I love safelite service but the fact they never use stock rubber pisses me off. It just never looks right.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The windshield is litterly glued in place with a sealant so there is no rubber gasket like the older cars and trucks but the side trim once its pulled off almost never goes back on good and sometimes falls off. I had to go to Honda and order the replacement clips and holders and replaced both sides and it worked great. If you are talking about the plastic trim on the top I think its set into the sealant and should have been taped down and you have to be careful not to slam the doors with the windows shut for the first day until the sealant sets.:) I have seen the sealant that looks like a roll that they unroll and put on the frame and others that use a calking gun type.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually there are two clips on the top and a rubber strip around the bottom. The rubber looks to be OEM but its hard to say. its not bulky, the strip is suppose to ride flush across the roof. it starts out on top and flush then runs down and below the trim on the passengers side.

Go about half way down the page and look at the picture by bh241

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49301&highlight=windshield+trim

It is suppose to look like this on both sides mine looks ok on the drivers side but wrong on the passengers. You can see how it rides above the trim on the driver side. according to honda this is correct.

I was looking for parts and discovered a diagram for the 08 E and there are several parts that seem to be missing. They ordered part 6 but failed to replace all the others.

I can see from the diagram what's missing but I need the service manual pages to be sure how its installed. I want to take that to them to be sure. They are nice and Im sure would follow the guide.

link
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ELEMENT&catcgry2=2008&catcgry3=5DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=FRONT+WINDSHIELD-REAR+WINDSHIELD

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.