Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi...here is how i got a 2 WD EX for $18,100...including destination

I have used this method in the past, and it always works...for some it might be common sense...but it may help others....

1st : go on the web and get the invoice and msrp....then minus off the holdback...2%-3% depending on the brand ......then add on the destination charge $460 for an E......

2nd : go to yahoo yellow pages and type in your zip...and search under honda .... some of the dealers will have a note next the the name saying they have a web site...others do not....but they all do...you might have to open a second window and seach for the dealers name,state and honda.

#3 when you get on the web site...send them and email .... if no email is present, fill out one the the quote pages.....

now the fun :

#4 write and email...sorta like this : hello...im looking to purchase a 2wd honda E manual EX...colors : black or gray or orange...no other options needed....my offer is $18,100 (including destination)....i am sending this email to several dealers...1st to respond, gets my business....email me only if you can accept this deal....

Thats it !!

you will get a deal...but you must be willing to drive a little.i am a cheap guy, so im willing to drive up to 150 miles.....also, keep it simple...get your options latter......take care...hope this helps !!<p>note : i think the fair profit for a dealer is $500-$800....but the E is a hot car and id up the profit

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi...just got another offer...due to my method....2wd...Ex...$17990....plus tags...no other charges...with free inspection as long as I own the car

·
Registered
88 Posts
I too have tried that method by emailing dealerships and getting quotes online. HOWEVER, be forewarned, some of the dealerships use this to just get you in the dealership! Once you're there, they do a complete 180 degree turn on you! Giving excuses like: they no longer have the quoted vehicle, your interest rate is much higher, you have to put so much money down, etc.! :x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts