Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently there seems to be alot less activity here. I don't know if it's the economy or what but it would be nice to get this site going again. We had some great ideas suggested but I would like at least 5 elements to do anything. So far we might possibly have a meet to help out our brother oldblue with his trash pickup day on the 19th. We also have a potluck tech day for foglight installations at my house pending on date and time.

Anyways the last meet was just as fun as any even though Turbo was the only one that showed up. It is a little discouraging to have so little feedback and participation. I know the participation part sometimes can't be helped but even if you can't make the meet it would be nice to hear from you.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Maybe make a list of those who reply/still interested in being in club, then say "aloha" to the rest... then the remaining ones get their phone #'s and maybe call also to set stuff up...

No replies is kinda ridiculous if you ask me...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm gonna try make it now since i shouldn't be working over night so much anymore. And sorry about the last meet >_> i tottally forgot it was my popo's 80th.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm here. Just been a little busy lately. Changing careers. I'll fill you guys in later!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm still here :)

...and did I mention for the beach clean-up...free grinds...and a t-shirt :cool:

I'll fill you guys in w/ more details next week once I get an idea on numbers.

Sending the intracompany sing-up now - should be ok - but want to confirm :)

Alohas!

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yipes!

Maybe make a list of those who reply/still interested in being in club, then say "aloha" to the rest... then the remaining ones get their phone #'s and maybe call also to set stuff up...

No replies is kinda ridiculous if you ask me...
Whoa yipes!! Dude that is kind of harsh considering it's referred to as "HEOC FAMILY". Yeah it's been a bit slow lately but the HEOC has been together since april 2006. We have had a good core group and we have been through good times and bad times. We all get along well and there is no hostility towards anybody. The HEOC has survived this far and it's because the comraderie and love each member has for one another.
I know you are somewhat new to the EOC and you were probably just shooting ideas but as family we never have those kind of thoughts. I know your motive was to improve the current participation in the club but it might be a good idea not to have those types of thoughts and comments. Alot of our HEOC family are very casual and easy going and we wouldn't want to offend anybody here. We are all considered family here unlike other clubs with just members. I appreciate you wanting to improve the HEOC but remember this is a club because everybody enjoys each others company and we aren't here to prove anything. COol deals okay.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Whoa yipes!! Dude that is kind of harsh considering it's referred to as "HEOC FAMILY". Yeah it's been a bit slow lately but the HEOC has been together since april 2006. We have had a good core group and we have been through good times and bad times. We all get along well and there is no hostility towards anybody. The HEOC has survived this far and it's because the comraderie and love each member has for one another.
I know you are somewhat new to the EOC and you were probably just shooting ideas but as family we never have those kind of thoughts. I know your motive was to improve the current participation in the club but it might be a good idea not to have those types of thoughts and comments. Alot of our HEOC family are very casual and easy going and we wouldn't want to offend anybody here. We are all considered family here unlike other clubs with just members. I appreciate you wanting to improve the HEOC but remember this is a club because everybody enjoys each others company and we aren't here to prove anything. COol deals okay.
Hey Ed no hostility here... and definitely not needing to prove anything... just trying to get just some response... maybe just used wrong choice of words...

But you have to admit its kinda hard to have camaraderie with no participation, let alone replies...

Oh well... what do I know... I'm just the new guy...

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
My vote is for monthly dues, late fees and hard manual labor for not paying, membership cards, and mandatory family building therapy sessions. :lol: :D

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My vote is for monthly dues, late fees and hard manual labor for not paying, membership cards, and mandatory family building therapy sessions. :lol: :D
lol Maybe we should start a pilot program starting with long distance HEOC family first..:D Hey Island how's it going up there? I know if you were down here you would have been right there with myself and Turbo and of course you would have the banana on your roof...lol

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Going pretty good. Summer is starting to come to an end. It's not as humid any more. Those 2 weeks of full blown summer sucked bad. :D

My marathon training is at a complete standstill for 4-6 weeks. Having serious achilles tendon problems in my right foot. NOT COOL!! :mad:

Next month I can seriously start calling up reserve units to see if I can get my foot in the door for an AGR slot somewhere. I'm done with this active duty garbage. I'd love to be able to come back out there and work at the reserve unit on Hickam. But I'm open to Oregon and Washington as well.

So yeah, if anybody has any hookups out there on base with the reserves, put in a good word for me. I'll be done in April. :)

The banana is out on the balcony, and has been since the movers brought it up here. I may have to take it out on the lake one of these weekends. It looks so sad.

Jurassic E came out of the shop yesterday. Had it in there to get some hail damage fixed that it picked up a couple of weekends ago. Before that it got a new windshield because a rock from the truck in front of me decided to try to say hi to my face. 3 insurance claims in just about as many months. Oh yeah, the Civic was keyed 3 days after I got it off the delivery truck. Brand new paint job courtesy of the insurance folks. Bitter sweet I guess.

Like I said, Marathon training is on hold. Still going to come out to run this year though, no matter what. Did a half and spent 5 miles of that hobbling on one leg due to this stupid thing I have going on now. No there's no doubt I'm going to finish. And we're all having that meet on the 12th. Everybody better be there too. No excuses. :):D

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aww Island dude new paint job and no pics. What's up with that? hint...

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:DBut you will wash the sentimental value off of it lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Still around...

Aloha Gang,

I am still around, just have been busy lately. Recently moved to town. Hope to see you guys at one of the future meets.

Laters,
Lava and Bella:cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Aloha guys and gals. The HEOC isnt the only ones feeling it, my Dodge truck club has been slow too. The economy is killing a lot of people so its very understandable if people cant make it out or don't come on line as much. Metel03, I didn't see any offensives words in your reply, you speak the truth braddah. Those of you who are strong and active in the club know who you are, and I think l the club understands that they are there for each other. The few times the wife and I made it out we could feel how close you guys were. For us we didn't feel apart of it,(confusing yea) no hard feelings and we don't feel any less of anyone. If I ever saw a HEOC along side the road stranded Id be the first to stop and help out.

I still come check the boards to see whats going on, Ive been busy with work, got a new dodge, its a 4x4 and the wife and i are expecting in November. I run into you know who.........who works at the airport, cant mention his name because I got scoldings for using peoples real names on line,,, what ever??? any ways hang in there, things will get better,,I wish the best of luck for the future of the HEOC. see ya on the roads

Aloha
Pelement

1 - 20 of 35 Posts