Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... i am thinking about applying herculiner on my 03's panels! i am a little scared seeing as i am not at all a professional how easy is the application ???? PICS PLEASEE!!!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Empire did that to his E. It came out on the bumpy side. But I like it!

Let me see if I can find the thread.

Click Here

Dom

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya... i saw that and I LOVE IT... but this guy is a kingat E mods... im talking about your average joe trying to do such a project... any thoughts (OR PICS:D)

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
when I first got a job at a cuban resturant I made a mistake like that with jalapenos I will never got to the can with out washing my hands first again but I thought that was bad I feel for that poor guy I feel worse that 8 years later we are still laughing at him ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Herculiner on panels (w/ Pics)

I first put herculiner on the panels of my '03 element about a year ago, but never treated it with the UV protectant. Man what a mistake! I was experiencing some fading, since this stuff bonds to itself i decided to tackle the project one more time. This time i thought i would share it with you guys

Enjoy-

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Not bad at all. Looks like you did a good job. Could have been the forerunner to an offroad E version.

Saw a couple of years ago where a guy did a new FJ Cruiser 100% with this stuff in green.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I really like black panels, but I think the texture of the Herculiner is what detracts from the overall look. I've read about people filtering the media to get a bit smoother look which would be cool.

I've been thinking about doing this to my 2008:

Imagine the matte black across the bottom section of the Element including the front fascia and lower tailgate? I think it would look awesome! 8)My wife thinks I'm nuts!:twisted:

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
in my opinion it looks pretty weird actually, but you never know what I might be doing to it after owning mine for a year or so.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Really interested in doing this. Forever Black is fading.
So $80 for the kit and $20 for the UV protection.
How many days of prep work on this project? Plus how long to paint it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts