Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A salesman, Jerry Murray, at Heritage Honda on Harford Rd in Towson Maryland was great. He helped my sister through the whole process and was totally upfront. She's 41 and she said it was the best CAR buying experience she's ever had.

I spoke with Jerry and he's very knowledgeable and knows how Honda works and they have a good allotment of Elements over there (but, nobody has enough).

If you are in the Maryland/DC/VA/PA area, it's worth talking to Jerry.
He was refreshing compared to what we were putting up with...

I called him at 1 866 MILE ONE... Jerry at Heritage Honda.

Save yourself some heartache..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well she found the Element she wanted (Shoreline Mist) in a 5speed (2wd) at MSRP..... These things are hard to find in some parts - so some dealers are holding you up to get them - or only selling them to repeat customers or some other weird rule... Like you get 8 hours to pick it up or I'm selling it. ... or letting people test drive a car reserved for you....
A Salesman let me test drive someone elses before I bought mine..

I'm just saying Jerry did what he said he would... She knew when she would get it, he held it for her when he said he would, he didn't try to talk her into another vehicle at the last minute...

Straightforward stuff - some dealers add small accessories and then you have to take it or leave it, and you've been waiting for 2 months !!

She didn't want any accessories - and she didn't get any. She paid MSRP, but she got a vehicle that's hard to find and she got treated like a valued customer.

Hell, I was glad to find a dealer that knew what they were talking about.
So many are clueless when it comes to the E, and many want your Five Hundred and then don't want to hear from you again (Don't call me - I'll call you routine..)

She's not on the internet and she was very pleased with her buying experience - and since I turned her on to the E, and helped her in the search, she asked me to put in kind words for that dealership. They seem to get a decent shipment of E's at Heritage (Mile One) compared to some of the other dealers...

One example - All dealers get 3 reports from American Honda every day... Many dealers don't even pull those reports to check them, but they are all sent those reports.. The delivery system was treated like Magic by many of the people I was working with - they acted like the car fairy dropped Elements from heaven if you were good. Jerry showed us the reports and told us exactly when the vehicle was being built and when it would come in.
(within 2 or 3 days).

It doesn't have to be as hard as it is for many buyers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts