Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my E and I've found (too late) that the ride is so bouncy that I get a bit motion sick while driving or riding in it especially in the back seats (riding). It feels like the shocks aren't damping the springs enough. When we go over bumps at night you can see the effect by watching the light cast by the headlights bounce up and down 2 or 3 times meaning the chassis is bouncing not just the seats (bushing issue).

I love the E and am willing to upgrade the shocks if need be. Honda tells me they've heard the complaint before but they say "it was designed to do that" which I find doubtful. I'd like to hear one of their engineers say THAT with a straight face.

Of the 14 cars I've owned (be it miata, chevette, BMW or sta'-wag) I've NEVER experienced anything like this. Please help!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just buy some better tires, may I suggest some made by Continental touring tires... The Wranglers are not great and the suspension is fine so don't go messing with that. I guess you would puke riding in my E, I have 19" wheels with low pros...

·
Registered
176 Posts
i do think that the E has stiff suspension. i think this was intentional however, in the fact that the thing barely leans on sharp curves and corners. it looks/drives/feels like a tank to me :)

i'd suggest a more holistic approach to modding your car. try putting a decent quality foam square pillow on each of the seats. my ex had this on her civic and ever since i drove it i've been looking for the same pillow. you could even put one of these pillows under a seat cover for the "plush" look and feel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts