Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love you site, nice, clean and helpfull. But I do take exception to one part of your dear honda letter.

2. What is with the height? I'm 5'10" and I have nine inches of headroom! Why am I carrying around all of that weight and wind resistance? You make this car for NBA players? Trim off about 8" and you've got better gas mileage, less likelihood of rollover, less wind buffeting and, if you do it right, a hipper looking vehicle.
It is the hight that lets me load a fully assembled mountain bike and stack everything for the cabin in the back so the dog can sleep on the seat. I might be alone on this but the hight is a big part of why I love the element.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's part of what sold us on this as my husband is 6'4' and has a long torso. He couldn't even wear a baseball cap in our corolla, and barely could when we later acquired a civic. We had to rub it with static-guard to keep his hair from clinging to the ceiling - which produced a really odd "do" when he got out.

Also, I haven't yet conked my head on the top of the door jamb either!! I was always doing that in the civic.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
M Ornett....That smarts doesn't it???? I am only 5'5, but one day as getting out of my husband's Civic...WHACK! I slammed my head right into the door jam....ooooohhhhh that hurt, and it didn't help that my husband thought it was hilarious!

I will have to agree with Boneheadz.....I love how much space the E has.....I love being able to drive our mtn. bikes right in....zoom and we are off! I also love that I can pack the E with TONS of cargo and still can see out the back because of the height of the E!

But alas.....we are all entitled to our own opinion!

Element J.....your site is great....keep it up! Your tips and tidbits are very helpful! Bungee designs great.....what a way to spend and afternoon :)
BTW....what part of IL?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Took my Mini-Hummer up into the mountains for it's first mountain jaunt this weekend so wifey could have a early Mothers Day. I go from the bottom of San Bernardino, up 8,000 feet to Big Bear Lake. I push the envelope and push the speed as much as it will go, usually 10 miles over some of the turns, and more in some cases. As some of you know, I changed from 16 inch wheels to 18 inchers with BFG g-Force tires. No problems!! No feeling Too-Tall-and-Ready-To-Turn-Over, no squealing tires around corners. I felt like I was riding a rail around corners. Only on a few sharp and steep places did I even take it out of overdrive. I made other people move over when I kept up too close to them and no one ever passed me. This car hauls in the mountains and really handles. With exceptions of cars made for mountain roads (Porches, Supras, NXs', etc) This Element can handle what is put to it.

Shaka!

Ger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts