Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you...what's the maximum mounting depth for the front door speakers? Do you know what it is on the rears?

I went nuts and bid on some CDT speakers on eBay and am now concerned about the mounting depth on the 5.25" Braxial HD 53 I bid on (see here) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3032711919&category=14941&rd=1 These normally run around $400 per pair, and I bid both sets up to $65. If in the unlikely event that I do win them, I don't believe they'll fit (too deep).

What do you know about Polk EX-365 6.5 coaxs?

·
Registered
957 Posts
First, don't worry about your bid - they'll sell for much higher.

Second, don't bid again on those - they're excellent speakers but they're braxials and while you won't have to worry about the mounting depth at 2 3/8" you will have serious problems with the mounting height at 1 1/4"! In other words, you won't be able to get your speaker grills back on unless you pull the tweeter and mounting arm off the speaker and extend the tweeter wiring somewhere else - this can be done but it ain't pretty. Check out what I mean from the pic below...

I don't know much about Polk but people either seem to love them or hate them - there isn't much in between. I can tell you that Polk has a fairly good build quality reputation - their stuff doesn't break all that often.

BTW, 95% of 6.5" speakers out there can fit in the front doors depth-wise. Since there's no window to roll down in the back doors I'd be willing to bet that any 6.5 will fit there without any hassle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yo man, I found some CDT CL-6x for $84 shipped for free! I'm checking with one other place who says they'll beat anyone's price or its free, and then I'll order 'em up! Once I get everything finalized, I'll post links for other interested parties. Once I install them, I write up a review and post some pics.

Thanks for the CDT tip.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a reply back...they can do the CDT CL-6x (s) for $74.99 per pair with $6.95 shipping. Here's my e-mail thread:

Hello Chip,
Under our Best Price Program, we can do the CDT Audio CL-6X for you
for $74.99. Our shipping is just $6.95 for your entire order. We are
confident that you will find our level of service and support to far exceed
that which you would receive from the website you mention below. Feel free
to order online or via telephone. If you order online, just put in the
price quoted and that Mike quoted you these prices in the comments section.
Or if you call in your order, let your rep know that Mike quoted you these
prices. Your order will shoot by my desk for approval and then ship right
out to you.

Sincerely,

Mike @ thezeb.com
http://thezeb.com
(877) 922-8346 (phone)
(704) 883-0123 (direct)
(704) 883-0261 (fax)

06/27/2003 11:53 AM

To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
cc:
Subject: ***Best Price Program at theZEB

http://nexxon.com/cdtech/cdtech.htm

Can you beat this price on CDT CL-6X? Nexxon has them for $84 per pair
with free shipping. I'd like to know how much you'd charge for two
pairs and free shipping (has to be better than $168.00 total).

Thanks!

I'm going to order mine today! Oh, and shipping is free for orders over $100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts