Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out a CRV forum and found some people talking about a Magnetic Bra, went to the website, http://www.magnetbra.com/index.html and found they make one for the Element. I have been looking for something to protect the nose of the hood, and didn't want the factory bra and was kind of lukewarm about the hood deflector. This looks like it will just fit the bill for me.Here it is:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
It looks really cool, and you gotta LOVE the price, but over time will it damage your paint job??? Just curious....I have never had a bra on my car.....or would it be a bro since my E is a boy???? :wink:

·
Registered
28 Posts
im suprised something like the element needs a bra, the hood is somewhat high, and its flat, i think all the stones would hit around the grille area.... thats what it looks like anyways, but rather be safe then sorry, i know when our blue one comes in we are getting one og the clear ones on it, thats what we have on our accord and you cant see it!:) 8)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote:ad0ca30dc6="StLouisPenguin"]It looks really cool, and you gotta LOVE the price, but over time will it damage your paint job??? Just curious....I have never had a bra on my car.....or would it be a bro since my E is a boy???? :wink:[/quote:ad0ca30dc6]

HaHa that's funny about the bro :D I understand the conventional bras if left on all the time, will let water get under the paint. That's why I never wanted one. They claim the magnetic bra doesn't do that and it should be easy enough to take off once in a while if it does. I have been kind of determined to do something to protect the edge of the hood since a friend of mine told me that his Toyota truck is in perfect shape after 75,000 miles except for the chips on the hood edge.

I'm probably being paranoid as usual, but I'm going to try that bro!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ordered a magnetic bra for my Maxima and I had to return it. I liked the idea that there are no air gaps between the bra and paint, but didn't like the way that it was secured to the car. Essentially, it uses a door edge strip to secure the edge of the bra to the hood. They advertised it as being theft-proof, but all I have to do is pull off the edge strip and the bra can be removed easily.

But maybe they improved the product for the Element. I'd be willing to give it another shot if some of you have good results with it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Magnetic bra?

And I thought underwires were bad!

Sheesh! :shock: :wink: :lol: :!:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know I'll get a lot of arguments for saying this -- but I just like the looks of the leather bra. I've had one on my Prelude, my Accord EX V6, my Oddysey EX V6 and now my E.

They go on so dang tight (these days) its almost ridiculous. I've found that they hold up (in Colorado) very well and don't accumulate much debris or water at all. I take my E to the car wash and do go a little lighter (with the water spray) on the hood and bra, but the water that rolls down the hood appears to damn up at the point it meets the bra and just roll off to the sides. Yes, it gets a little damp, I'm sure -- but I buy a new bra every 2 years, and it always looks great and I haven't had a paint scratch yet.

By the way, the deflector portion of the E bra is pretty substantial and adds to the cool looks, IMHO.

So my experience has been that they look good, and yes its a little bit of a pain, but unless you incredibly anal and worrisome, its just another accessory which is for "looks only" (primarily, at least) which you can take or leave depending on what you like.

I can't wait for my Colorado 10th Mountain Division plates -- going to look killer on my GG EX 4WD E.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Dang...thought this topic was about something else :cry:

[quote:dea9358135="StLouisPenguin"]It looks really cool, and you gotta LOVE the price, but over time will it damage your paint job??? Just curious....I have never had a bra on my car.....or would it be a bro since my E is a boy???? :wink:[/quote:dea9358135]

I say its a "manzeer!"

·
Registered
359 Posts
I e-mailed the guy who sells these. You can paint them! Check out my e-mail with the letter he sent me

I was curious about the magnet bra. I drive 150 miles a day and saw nightmares about the bug deflector. About it cracking and it harming the paint after a while. So I contacted magnet bra and asked these questions. By the way Bob replied to my e-mail in nothing flat on a holiday and was very nice. Here's my e-mail:

Hi,

I found out about your bra from a club that I belong to, elementownersclub.com. I have some questions and concerns about the bra before purchasing one.

1. Will it fly off the car at high speeds? (I drive 150 miles to and from work and I don't drive like a saint)

2. Can it be stolen by just peeling it off the car. (I live in NY for god's sake)

3. Can you paint it and how? (spray paint or do I have to bring it to a body shop)

4. Is there a warranty?

Thanks for your time and patience.

klynch13

Honda Element Owner

and his reply:

Hello:

Thank you for your interest in the magnetic car bra. The bra's design makes
it impossible for it to fly off the car. The front and sides are attached
with an edge trim, and the bra itself is a strong magnet because of its
large surface area. The edge trim also prevents removing the bra without
opening the hood. The bras can be painted. You can find the company that
supplies the paint at http://www.paintworldinc.com/. (Be sure to tell them
it's for a magnetic bra.) The bra has a 90 day warranty against defects in
materials or workmanship. For more information please visit our website.

Best regards,
--
Bob Lefevre
http://www.magnetbra.com

I am sold. I want to get one. The plus of painting it the color you want is great too. I'll probably get it in the up and coming months I have to save some money for it because I am currently working on another project in the "E". But it looks great. icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts