Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, long time reader first time poster.

I'm pondering buying a set of rims for my SOP 05 and have found a set of 16" I love, but the seller says that.........

"The 16x8 with +0 offset will stick out 64 mm or 2.5" from your current rim edge."

Has anyone attempted to set up something like this, or seen what it looks like? Cosmetically I am not worried about the tires sticking out a little, but more about them rubbing against the vehicle or preventing me from turning.
I plan to use the stock sized tires.

Any advice on the matter would be extremely appreciated.

-Soup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey kit
thanks for the reply, why would they need spacers? if they are already going to stick out an extra 2 inches wouldnt that makethem stick out even more?

thanks sorry for my complete lack of knowledge on rim and tire info.

soup

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
hey kit
thanks for the reply, why would they need spacers? if they are already going to stick out an extra 2 inches wouldnt that makethem stick out even more?

thanks sorry for my complete lack of knowledge on rim and tire info.

soup
you have it quite right. spacers would only make the wheels stick out further. but 0 offset would be considered "very aggressive", since the stock wheels are around +45mm. (i don't know the actual number) an offset of +50mm would be about 2 inches, so that's where the "extra 2 inches... stick out" comes from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey nac thanks for getting back to me!
ok so it would make the tires stick out 2 inches on the sides, kinda moon patrol looking, but would it effect either the ability to turn (rubbing) or damage the vehicle in any way?

thanks!
soup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts