Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is only my second post here (first was in the "what car did your E replace" thread... a BMW 325i). I am the proud new owner of a 2004 EX in black, affectionately named "Ellie." We're already planning our camping trips for the summer and we're loving the space for our bikes, gear and two boys (who also love the stadium seating!!).

We're a three Honda family now:

1997 CR-V
2002 S-2000
2004 Element

We love our Hondas!
-brEnna

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey Brenna...!

Let me be the first to welcome you...! May she provide you many years of service and enjoyment...!

Congrats and get to modding...! LMELBO!!!

LBD

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Packerz4 - we'll have to get our Ellies together some time!!

Toasty... Here's a pic of our S2000... its a lot of fun! I guess you could say we have a winter beater, a summer toy and a daily driver!!

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
How far NE? When we lived in Chicago, years before getting the Element, Door County was our favorite 'local' camping spot. That included winter camping at Peninsula State Park and rainy summer weekends on Rock Island. Shortly after getting the Element we drove back east, and returned (to Seattle) via the Door Cty. Unfortunately it was stormy, so we ended up spending the night at a motel in Greenbay rather than camp.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
paulj - Appleton area. We love door county too and one of the camping trips we want to take this summer is to Peninsula State Park!! It really is gorgeous up there. We go up around Sturgeon bay every July to pick strawberries as well.

-brEnna

·
Registered
161 Posts
paulj - Appleton area. We love door county too and one of the camping trips we want to take this summer is to Peninsula State Park!! It really is gorgeous up there. We go up around Sturgeon bay every July to pick strawberries as well.

-brEnna
Peninsula State Park is super! Great place to bike too!

BTW, I just moved back to Elcho from Reedsville! (Not too far from the Appleton area!)

Small World!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Good googly-moogly...! It smells like a WI lovefest in here...!!! *sniff*, *sniff*... LMELBO!!! Ain't life grand...? Small world, no...? See...? Owning the E adds years to one's life...!

Brenna, don't forget to take pics of Ellie in all her shiny glory when you camp...! The EOC Camping Fools sounds like a place made especially for you...!

LBD

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is like a Wisconsin Love Fest in here, ain't it??

I'll definitely take pics while camping... I only wish I could take her up to Alaska to visit my family this month! (I'm not a native of the Midwest... more a far-northerner).

·
Registered
167 Posts
WOW! when was this? I went to school in Elcho from Kindergarten to 12th graduated in 1990! Yep same school building for the entire time!

Love this area!
Scary. I graduated from high school in 1989. I went to K and 1st grade in Elcho. I think my Kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Max. She had a paddle with the names of all the kids she spanked hanging on the wall. The older kids would come in to see their names etched in it, though she didn't use it any more on us kids. LOL, that's old school!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Scary. I graduated from high school in 1989. I went to K and 1st grade in Elcho. I think my Kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Max. She had a paddle with the names of all the kids she spanked hanging on the wall. The older kids would come in to see their names etched in it, though she didn't use it any more on us kids. LOL, that's old school!
Yes! that was our Kindergarten teacher! Her granddaughter was my best friend! wow! We probably met back in the day when you were a 1st grader and me a kindergartner! LOL!

Mrs. Max (aka: grandma max by our family) was a tough old bugger. She lived through many bad things. A couple of cancers, a brain anuerysm, and all sorts of stuff... not to mention her poor vision. She passed away in 1997 or so. She was ornery, and bossy, and made the best mac and cheese ever! Sure do miss her. Her husband nearly died of a broken heart, but then finally passed a few years ago at something like 95 years old or so...

Oh I love the Love Fest!

tk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mrs. Max

Thanks for the update. Very wild, I noticed we have identical cars too. We definitely would have played on the playground together 30+ years (damn we're getting old).

Okay, last story I promise. Obviously I have few vivid memories from way back then, but I remember recess in Elcho was CRAZY. It seemed like half the school would be out there together.

One winter there was this huge snow pile, and we played King of the Mountain. Kids would be scrambling up like ants, trying eject the kid on the top. Kids would get launched face first flying down this huge snow pile. I imagine us Kindergartners and 1st graders flew the farthest. It made a WWF Royal Rumble seem tame. So awesome. I wish I still had my purple and yellow Elcho Hornets winter hat.

In the summer, I remember playing Smear the Queer. Pretty simple game, kill the kid with the ball. Dang that was fun!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
It is like a Wisconsin Love Fest in here, ain't it??

I'll definitely take pics while camping... I only wish I could take her up to Alaska to visit my family this month! (I'm not a native of the Midwest... more a far-northerner).
Koo-woo-koo-koo-koo-woo-koo-kooooooo...!!! LMELBO!!! (on the floor even...!) All hail Bob & Doug McKenzie...!!! Oh gawd, I'm so old...!!! LMELBO!!!

LBD

(referring to the SCTV sketch of the "Great White North" starring Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas... Don't know it...? Nevermind...! Let me enjoy my age then...! LMELBO!!!)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts