Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my kit, cant wait till tonight to see. Kit cost was 85 shipped with relay harness and 1 yr warranty.

Kit is a 35watt / 6k H4 ( HI/LOW )

Total time 40 mins. No wires or parts were cut/spliced in this install or were any holes drilled. Your kit may vary.

This is just a overview of what goes into a typical install of a HID install. All information contained herein is only information and used at your own risk.

Before

Here is the kit, fresh out of the fedex box.

Close up of the bulbs. Interesting that it uses a standard wedge indecent bulb for the high beam.

Start by removing the 3 prong connector to the bulb. Then remove the seal, it just slides out.

Next feed the wires through the seal paying attention to the direction of the seal/bulb. Do as I say not as I do, do it with the protective container installed still on BOTH sides.

The bulb is held in place via a tention spring, Simply push on the spring to release. ( Sorry no pic, camera would not focus )

Install HID bulb in reverse of uninstall, secure with spring clip.

Next install the mounting bracket with the contained screws ( depending on kit ) Found this great little location here.

Be sure to seal all connections ( even the waterproof ones ) with electrical tape. There will be gaps as seen in the pic.

After everything is sealed, install the ballast. ( Large black loose wire is relay harness to be secured with zipties AFTER system is completely installed and working properly ) * Note : after install was complete, I reran the wires in the channel behind the bump stop for a cleaner install. *

The installation of the relay kit ( large wire bundle in contents photo) will require a grounding point on each side ( depending on kit ) As seen in the above photo, I found a clean grounding point on the bracket securing the air condition coolant line to the below and right of the ballast.
NOTE : with the use of this relay kit you will have an unused plug coming from the bulb harness. seal with tape and tuck/wire tie secured.

DRIVER SIDE
This side requires a little more than the passenger. Begin by installing the ballast mounting bracket in the same location as the passenger ( see above ) Also at this time install the relay harness ground wire on the battery body grounding point.

Next Connect the possitive battery terminal from the relay kit to the battery. Be sure to have a fuse between the battery and the relay control.

Next remove the front portion of the air intake. This is a snap piece that just pops off with a little convincing ( no tools required )

Before

Removed

Remove the connection and seal as done on the passenger side, running the wires through the seal as before. Seat and secure new bulb.
Remeber this side will NOT have a "extra plug" everything in its place, taped and sealed.

Replace Intake part removed earlier.

Installed and turned on.

Now finish install by securing all loose wiring, fuse block, relay.

Enjoy ;-)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Where you get yours from?
Whats the website?

·
Registered
109 Posts
YES WE MUST KNOW!!! I have a kit but i don't think they worked for our cars the plugs i got are way different then yours. I did the research about the Hi/low too got one for that but the harness i think is wrong. there is a big blue plug in my harness you can see it in my post....

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69055

1 - 3 of 3 Posts