Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HID headlight conversion

Has anybody in the EOC successfully installed an HID(high intensity discharge) lighting system on their E w/o butchering the lens housing?

I tried to install an Acura TSX kit and couldn't get the bulb to fit in the housing. It's about 15mm too long and any other HID bulb I can get from work are all similar in length.

Does anybody know of any a/m kits avbl?

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Re: HID headlight install?? possible?

Have you looked at my friend aaydemi's sticky post in the DYI forum? It's not a kit, but it can be done.

·
Registered
335 Posts

the element bulb is a different size from the tsx, thats why it doesn't fit. you have to get the correct bulb for it to fit in correctly. i installed hid's in my fogs and headlights. the bulb size for the headlight is an h4 and the tsx is an h1. theres tons of aftermarket kits available online so u can check them out http://www.google.com/search?q=a+el...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official i'm currently using a company that i got from my local body shop and match up on the top and bottom perfectly. good luck and enjoy them when ya get them!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts

without getting into a big tussle again regarding aftermarket kits vs. retrofits, allow me to refer you to these two threads: #1 and #2. In my non-professional opinion, retrofit is the way to go. You get the REAL OEM HID beam seen on luxury cars, something aftermarket kits can't give you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HID Headlight Conversion

Has anyone thought about upgrading the low beams on the SC to HID from Halogen. I have been doing some looking and apparently we can get re-based H11 phillips kits 4300K which is the same HID lights in the Mercedes, BMW etc. Kits are about 450.00.

With the projector headlights in the SC, its an easy "looks like factory" mod. High beams are separate and unaffected. The SC lights are good, but having previous cars with HID, ....well, we won't go there.

As a 47 year old geezer, I like the 3X light output at night.

Just wondering what other folks are thinking in this area :confused:

·
Chief Has Been Element Owner
4,759 Posts
Do an EOC search for xenon....you should find a number of threads where folks have added the xenon hid kits to their E's.

Good luck...it is a nice mod!

·
Registered
510 Posts
i know a member has done that on a regular E
u can find those HID light package from ebay

·
Registered
71 Posts
How do you like it

The obvious quesiton, and which kit did you use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have the 5000k hid in my sc. The light is bright but either it needs a hid projector or adjustment to the cut off line. the cutoff isn't as defined as a tsx or s2000, w/fogs its definately lights the road enough.

·
Registered
15 Posts
headlight conversion and color temperature recommendation

hi group, i picked up a hid conversion kit for my headlights sometime ago and am not enjoying the lack of no cut off. also the temperature was a little too blue -- i my 8000ks here. i can't blame the company, but i have to say that at 8000k, you're going to receive some unwanted attention.

so what's the recommended color temperature? and where can i pick up some projectors for the element?

·
Registered
48 Posts
4500k hands down. whiter light. blue is a horrible color on the spectrum to look at during night time, especially in rain. the element headlights have OK cutoff, you can try aiming them down a bit, it does help and i rarely get flashed, only if I have friends in the back seat.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Technically the brightest light is in the low 4000k (4100-4300) depending on which source you refer to. I had a pair of 6000k which looked great and all but it really doesn't compare to the output I now get from Phillips 85122 Bulbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi group, i picked up a hid conversion kit for my headlights sometime ago and am not enjoying the lack of no cut off. also the temperature was a little too blue -- i my 8000ks here. i can't blame the company, but i have to say that at 8000k, you're going to receive some unwanted attention.

so what's the recommended color temperature? and where can i pick up some projectors for the element?
Their 6000k looks good man. 4300k looks too OEM.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
at the risk of reviving a dead post, i'm having the same problem with no cut off. i picked up a hid conversion kit from nbo and now i'm SOL because the cops are giving me the eye. where do we get some cheap retro projectors that'll work well?
Their HID kits looks promising. As for cheap-retros? Ebay might be your best bet, if you don't want to invest.

1 - 20 of 443 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.