Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!
I was wondering what bulb size I would use for my 05 EX? Would it be a 9003 or an h4? I want to order my kit tommorow and I am a little confused as they offer so many bulb choices. I think I would get the 9003 because that would fit right? ugh brain cell count is fading lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hid!

I put my HID kit in yesterday and I love them!! I work for a wholesaler and got the entire HID 8000k kit for $49!!!! I ran into one problem and it was fixed by reversing the polarity.. Is that a Honda problem?? Anyway I love the extra light but I def have to adjust them down because I felt like I was blinding everyone woops! Now I want HID foglights!!!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I put my HID kit in yesterday and I love them!! I work for a wholesaler and got the entire HID 8000k kit for $49!!!! I ran into one problem and it was fixed by reversing the polarity.. Is that a Honda problem?? Anyway I love the extra light but I def have to adjust them down because I felt like I was blinding everyone woops! Now I want HID foglights!!!
that is why you need to put in a projector retro fit when adding hid's to the regular element light housings. you ARE blinding everyone. and be careful with hids in the foglights it may possibly melt the smaller housings. i just put the hyper white bulbs in mine to match my hid's color. i also wired everything so that the fogs come on whenever i want them on and stay on even when the highbeams are on as do the hid's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is why you need to put in a projector retro fit when adding hid's to the regular element light housings. you ARE blinding everyone. and be careful with hids in the foglights it may possibly melt the smaller housings. i just put the hyper white bulbs in mine to match my hid's color. i also wired everything so that the fogs come on whenever i want them on and stay on even when the highbeams are on as do the hid's.
I dont really like the look of the projector on the E. It looks like it doesnt belong there. Like the led strip in the headlights on the older E looks like poop too lol. I like them on the SC tho. I dont have fogs now so I would get an hid fog kit.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I dont really like the look of the projector on the E. It looks like it doesnt belong there. Like the led strip in the headlights on the older E looks like poop too lol. I like them on the SC tho. I dont have fogs now so I would get an hid fog kit.
the ones i was talking about are a retro fit INTO the stock headlight housing not a replacement housing. i know what you are talking about them looking like crap. these ones really couldnt even tell they had the projector in there but they center the beam like it needs to be with an hid. it is one here somewhere i just dont remember where.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
these same things about beam pattern are one of the many reasons hids are not legal unless equipped from the factory.

right from the nhtsa actual letters to people and companies...

http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/Shih.3.html

Because replaceable light sources are, by regulation, designed to be non-interchangeable, it would not be possible for an HID headlamp conversion set to meet the standard’s photometry requirements for an original equipment headlamp system using a halogen light source, so the replacement lamps could not be sold for this purpose. Furthermore, a headlamp dealer or motor vehicle repair business could not remove the original halogen headlamps and install HID replacement headlamps without violating 49 U.S.C. 30122. That section prohibits manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and motor vehicle repair businesses from making inoperative equipment installed in accordance with a Federal motor vehicle safety standard. We cannot comment on the specific replacement lighting products that you mentioned because we do not have sufficient information on them.

http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/deetz.ztv.html

The kit that you furnished us appears to be designed to replace an H1 replaceable light source, and consists of two parts marketed under the name "Thunder Beam." The first part is labeled "HID Bulb Set" and contains two replaceable light sources, identified on the packaging as "WB-H1." The second part is labeled "HID Driver Unit TD-5000," and contains a ballast, an ignitor, a relay, and adapters to convert the motor vehicle’s wiring harness to be compatible with the HID conversion kit.

Based on a review of the H1 light source specification filed in the Part 564 docket (#3397), it is apparent that the Thunder Beam HID Conversion kit is a significant redesign of the H1 light source. At the most basic level, an H1 light source incorporates an incandescent filament in which light is produced by a metallic wire coil heated to incandescence by an electrical current, whereas the HID conversion kit’s light source incorporates a discharge arc to produce the light and requires a ballast for operation. Thus, in order to comply with paragraph S7.7 of FMVSS No. 108, the Thunder Beam light source must comply with, inter alia, the dimensional specifications for the metallic wire coil filament size and location, the electrical connector size and location, and the ballast would need to be a design currently on file for use with an H1 light source. Complying with the dimensional aspects of the H1 light source appears to be an impossibility considering that the wire coil filament and the electrical connector are not a part of your design. Furthermore, there are no ballast designs on file for use with an H1 light source. Thus, your company’s HID conversion kit is not a design that conforms to the Standard and could not be certified as complying with FMVSS No. 108, nor imported into or sold in the United States.

http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/kim.ztv.html

HID conversion kits are illegal if any item in the kit does not comply with Federal requirements for vehicle lighting equipment. Please read the letter carefully and apply our analysis to the components of the kits you are selling. If one or more of these components does not comply with FMVSS No. 108, then you should cease the sale and distribution of this equipment. Your failure to do so could make your company liable for civil penalties for violations of 49 U.S.C. 30112(a). If your company manufactured or imported noncompliant HID conversion kits for resale, your company is required to notify this agency, dealers, purchasers, and owners of the kits and to remedy the noncompliance in accordance with 49 U.S.C. 30118-30120 and 49 CFR Parts 573 and 577. I should advise you that we know of no HID conversion kit that can be certified by its manufacturer as complying with FMVSS No. 108.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I was gonna say that here in NY they are illegal unless originally equipped from the factory. But so are tints and rims that stick out and loud sytems and loud exhausts and bla blah blah blah blah!!! Beastiality is illegal also lmao!!

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Yeah, I was gonna say that here in NY they are illegal unless originally equipped from the factory. But so are tints and rims that stick out and loud sytems and loud exhausts and bla blah blah blah blah!!! Beastiality is illegal also lmao!!
Yeah, but you're not putting other people in danger with your rims, tint, stereo or fart can exhaust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts